Precision Guidance RF Systems Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Huntsville, AL 35806, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from providing the latest in Smart Munition advanced seekers to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.”
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
BAE Systems – Precision Strike (PS) Business Area has immediate openings for RF skilled Engineers in the Precision Guidance and Sensing Solutions (PGSS) Product Line. The RF Engineers will help grow the PGSS RF Seeker product line by applying BAE Systems’ broad technology base to fill real gaps that Department of Defense customers have in the area of smart weapons. This role within Systems Engineering will help define and develop the system architectures to meet the technical direction of the product line and provide subject matter expertise on a host of ongoing and future programs utilizing RF based Missile Seekers and Sensors.
In Huntsville, our Engineering team is working in a newly opened state of the art facility and operating in a unique environment where we have the power and resources of BAE Systems behind us while working in a dynamic and flexible model with the feel of a start-up. At BAE Systems, cultural and behavioral principles are a special part of our engineering organization, which means we are looking for team players who have demonstrated experience working successfully in group settings and will support our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Active Secret clearance required
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, or Computer Science
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding and background in RF systems architecture, Link budget analyses and RF propagation models
- Familiarity with RF receivers and transmitters architectures
- Modeling, design and test for active and passive RF seeker/ sensor systems
- Experience with RF data processing algorithms, math, matched filters, and FFT
- Experience in weapons systems design, missile systems design, or weapons systems performance analysis
- Coordinate vendors and teams in development of passive/active sensor systems for test/evaluation
- Ability to flow down requirements to testable modular hardware and software
- Support trade studies, presentations, proposals and related activities
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines
- Ability to understand and generate CONOPS
- Develop requirements in response to customer operational needs and mature operational concepts
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience working across the entire Systems Lifecycle
- Experience in system architecting of solutions for guided projectiles
- Experience leading technical teams
- Develop briefings, white papers, and analysis to support the business capture efforts
- Familiarity with low cost and low SWaP design and development
- Experience with Model Based Agile Engineering (Value Driven Digital Threads) and Agile Mindset principles, practices & processes, and tools & techniques
- Model Based Systems Engineering experience
- Background with digital receiver architecture and digital signal processing techniques
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom