PNT SE&I Senior Systems Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
El Segundo, CA 90245, US
Engineering & Technology
BAE System is seeking experienced Baseline Specifications and Requirements Management Engineers to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become a member of the PNT/GPS SE&I Technical Baseline Development and maintenance support team. This position will be located in El Segundo, California.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for delivering a closed technical baseline that ensures horizontal integration across the GPS Enterprise, including identifying, controlling, evolving and executing changes as well as developing GPS system and segment level requirements.
• Perform baseline management functions using DOORS, including maintaining all GPS Enterprise technical specifications and interface control documents, effectivities, traceability, trade decisions and requirements verification as well as performing analyses using the DOORS database.
• Responsible for reviewing developer products to verify compliance with the technical baseline and assess impacts to other prime contractors or agencies, including performing impact analyses on engineering change proposals to identify impacts to the technical baseline and external stakeholders.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar technical degree with minimum of 9 years relevant experience or an additional 4 years of experience in government baseline control needed in lieu of degree.
• Must have a current active Secret Security Clearance.
• Ability to provide a wide variety of technical analyses and program management support to a government customer.
• Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills. Must be an effective communicator with excellent briefing skills.
• Experience with DOORS.
• Experience with Functional Configuration Audit and Physical Configuration Audit processes.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Graduate degrees including Masters and/or PhD in engineering or other technical field.
Familiarity and experience working with DoD acquisition organizations.
GPS or PNT Experience.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom