PM STORM Industrial Engineering Services (IES) Program Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Huntsville, AL 35806, US
Project & Program Management
Job Description We are in search of a Program Manager to stand up and lead one of our most complex programs. The candidate will manage a program valued over $500M giving you the opportunity to lead one of BAE’s integration projects. We are looking for leader with exceptional program management, communication, and interpersonal skills. The candidate will have the opportunity to step into a role that will lead all aspects of execution ranging from cost, schedule, staffing, customer engagement, technical execution and business winning on this program. JOB SUMMARY The Program Manager will perform day-to-day management of the program and its personnel, develop long-term strategic goals and collect customer requirements through a deliberate communications plan and Customer Relationship Model (CRM). Ideal candidate should know customer (US Army PEO Missiles & Space, PM STORM) well with 5-10 years work experience specifically with that customer with 10 years plus preferred.
US & FMS follow-on Industrial Engineering Services (IES) for Army Tactical Missile System (ATACMS), Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System (GMLRS), Low Cost Reduced Range Practice Rocket. All MLRS launcher platforms, subsystems, and variants, support equipment, and launcher fleet maintenance. Includes services for eng, product improvement/assurance, logistics, testing, launcher fleet maintenance, SW upgrade, CM / DM for the performance, safety, reliability, and maintainability of all families and variants of HW and SW.
The U.S. Army and Foreign Customers have a requirement for IES for programs under the STORM PO related to the Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) Family of Munitions (MFOM). These programs include:
- Army Tactical Missile System (ATACMS)
- Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System (GMLRS) Variants
- Low Cost Reduced Range Practice Rocket (LCRRPR)
- All MLRS launcher platforms, subsystems, and variants thereto including M270, M270A1, M270A2, M270B1, M270B2 M270C1, M270D1, High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS), support equipment, and launcher fleet maintenance.
The acquisition objective for the IES requirement includes services for engineering, product improvement development, product assurance, logistics, testing, launcher fleet maintenance, software upgrade, configuration management, and data management, necessary for the performance, safety, reliability, and maintainability of all families and variants of hardware and software for the MFOM.
Work will be performed in Grand Prairie, TX, with an estimated date of completion by May 26, 2023.
Manages and oversees all aspects of a project to ensure it is completed on time and within budget. Has overall responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing and outside vendors, and contractual deliverables. Directly interfaces with the government customers and communicates objectives, directions and guidance to the Contractor team. The Program Manager will deliver PM STORM Industrial Engineering Services designed to:
- Missile Systems and Launchers competence (Mission, Time, Safety-critical environment)
- Product Assurance portfolio management
- TDP CM and USG Work Authorization/IES CDRLs DM
- Robust Test & Evaluation Support
- Readiness and Operational capability – via Sustainment Functional support
In addition, the Program Manager will support capture efforts as needed when necessary. This is a 1 Base year plus 4x1 year options POP with annual responsibility for over $100M.
- Program Manager (PgM) for a complex, strategic partnership with the US Government (USG) influencing strategic decisions and actions of both BAE and USG; PgM establishes themselves as a trusted SME for PM STORM IES operations and strategy
- Building from the ground up, helps to shape solutions by leading and selecting key team members for executing the program mission
- Directs, plans, and manages the entire on-site program in support of this contract; maximizes the quality and efficiency of range operations
- Orchestrates events across multiple ranges concurrently with a variety of teaming partners
- Leads the modernization and integration of this and other cyber ranges
- Advises on the development, testing, evaluation, and requirements for new capabilities (Weapon Systems RDT&E)
- Partners with the USG to develop and execute a long-range strategic plan
- Delivers program goals while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction within allowable resource obligations
- Ensures Contractor tasks are completed within the deadlines; tasking guidance from the Government is clear; ensures personnel are qualified to perform the tasks; resolves personnel issues pre-emptively
- Delivers efficient and effective, mature knowledge management following best practices to deliver effective program and risk management
- Engages with the Government Task Manager and Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative for prioritization, problem resolution, task scheduling, new resource requirements, training and task clarification
- Consult with Users, Management, Vendors, Technical SMEs, and other stakeholders to assess security solutions and systems requirements
- Implements deliberate operations; manages resources and competing priorities; manages risk; analyzes workflows; develop standards and set deadlines
- Builds, optimizes, and maintains high-performing, customer-focused, results-driven teams of technical and delivery specialists
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of the program
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of recent customer intimacy
- 7 years of proven experience in Program Management
- Industry Project Management certifications
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Master’s degree with 15 years’ related program management experience
- 10 years of recent customer intimacy
- Demonstrated leadership experience in complex Weapon System environments
- Multi-disciplinary strategic thinking; knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personnel services, and evaluation of Customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated skill and abilities with project management frameworks of either agile engineering, scrum framework or Lean methodologies
- PMP / CSM (or ability to pass a certification w/in 6 months of hire)
- Large Program Operations and Testing experience
- DoD COTR for a complex project
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom