PM-Sr Data Scientist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
McLean, VA 22102, US
Project & Program Management
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description We are in search of an energetic Technical Program Manager with a strong background in Data Science to lead one of our most exciting programs. Join BAE’s Intelligence and Security division and be a part of the team of men and women who solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. Intelligence Solutions is searching for a Program Manager to join our team in McLean. Are you a dynamic leader with exceptional management, communication, and interpersonal skills? The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to step into a role that will lead all aspects of execution ranging from cost, schedule, staffing, customer engagement, and technical execution on this exciting program!
The Program Manager will serve as the bridge between the Corporation's full suite of technological and hardware solutions and the Customer. In addition, the Program Manager will be responsible for managing the Customer Relationship and providing consultation to the Customer with respect to technology, personnel, strategy and emerging commercial solutions. The Program Manager has the responsibility of managing direct reports; including other managers who supervise Scrum Development Teams. The Program Manager will have financial responsibilities outlined by the Corporation and the Statement of Work (SOW).
This position also requires:
- Prior experience with the Intelligence Community
- Methodological experience in developing, transforming, and modeling data to improve decision making
- Data extraction and manipulation of data sets and creating workflows and predictive modes for end-users utilizing system tools
- Data relationships and discovery - correlating, enriching and prioritizing data about activity among actors, devices or facilities to enable the discovery of structure, roles, key relationships and targets
- Situational awareness- unifying data into a single context, allowing the current situation to be accurately and quickly understood
- Systems modeling- building a computational analog of a real-world system (political, military, economical, social, or technical) to understand how it operates, it’s capabilities, and how it may react to shocks
- Business analytics- supporting data-driven decisions about how we can improve the business of intelligence
Required Skills and Education Must possess an active Lifestyle Polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 12 years work experience, or Masters with at least 10 years relevant experience
- Ensure tasks are completed within the deadlines; tasking guidance from the Government is clear; personnel are qualified to perform the tasks; resolve personnel issues pre-emptively
- Consult with the Government Task Manager and COTR for problem resolution, task scheduling, new resource requirements, training and task clarification
- Implement deliberate operations: analyze workflows; establish priorities; develop standards and set deadlines
- Leading a high performing dynamic team
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of the program
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications
- Demonstrated capability in managing large multi-task contracts of this scope and complexity
- Working knowledge of Applied mathematics (e.g. probability and statistics, multivariable calculus, linear algebra, ordinary and partial differential equations, stochastic processes, graph theory)
- Working knowledge of Computer programming (e.g., scripting, data parsing/ETL, artificial intelligence, machine learning, math/statistics packages, natural language processing, software versioning, distributed computing)
- Thorough/Working knowledge of Visualization (e.g., dashboard creation, network analysis, GIS/geospatial analysis, telemetry analysis)
- Thorough/Working knowledge of Python and some of the following software/tools: SQL, R, Hadoop, Spark, Java, CIC++, Git, Bash, Tableau, ArcGIS, Unix commands
- Thorough/Working knowledge of research designs
- Thorough/Working knowledge of collection methods, capabilities, and tasking process
- Demonstrate Intellectual curiosity; creativity and innovation to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to complex problems
- Working knowledge of SIGMA Data Environment and Boombox deployable datascience system
- Knowledge and skill in developing and providing data science training on computer hardware and application software and knowledge to convert to computer based training modules.
- Ability to leverage multiple data management tools to organize relevant information and make decisions
Preferred Skills and Education
- 7+ years of program management experience, PMP Certified Preferred
- Ability to develop comprehensive software applications, as needed
- Ability to translate complex, technical findings into an easily understood narrative (i.e., tell a story with the data) in graphical, verbal, or written form
- Ability to multitask and change focus quickly as demands change
- Ability to establish and maintain internal and external professional networks including subject matter experts, collectors, and decision makers that are necessary to carry out tasks or projects
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom