Platform Infrastructure Services Director (remote worker opening) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description The Platform Infrastructure Services Director will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee Platform Infrastructure activities for ESS IT, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs. The operational scope of this role is a combination of the following services areas (both on premise and external): Servers, Storage, Operating Systems, Virtualization, Cloud based systems and services. This key role will help in shaping the Platform Infrastructure operating environments, implementing consistent operational processes, and delivering exceptional IT services to support the organizations’ overall business objectives. The Platform Infrastructure Services Director will be a leadership team member of the IT Operations organization, and report directly to the VP II, IT Infrastructure and Applications. Extensive experience in A&D industry, automation of infrastructure processes, and driving cross functional proactive continual improvement is a must.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes the Platform Infrastructure strategy, in alignment with the organization's business goals, to ensure a reliable, scalable, and secure IT environment.
- Collaborates with both IT leadership & Inc/Sector leadership stakeholders to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on systems and processes.
- Oversees the planning, implementation, and maintenance of the Platform Infrastructure portfolio, ensuring high availability, performance, and security.
- Lead and manage the on premise and cloud focused UNIX/Linux/Wintel compute, storage, and virtualization systems and services, helping ensure reliability, performance, availability, and sustainability.
- Drive a consistent and repeatable system engineering framework across the organization, helping ensure improved design and architecture processes across the teams.
- Actively leverages both processes and tools to monitor, measure, notify, alert, and respond to technical failures, performance issues, capacity challenges, and system anomalies. Partner and support these monitoring improvements with a focus on proactive alerts, rapid triage, root cause analysis, and failure response.
- Defines and enforces IT operational policies, procedures, and standards to ensure compliance, security, and efficient and effective service delivery.
- Manages vendor relationships, contracts, and service-level agreements (SLAs) to ensure effective and cost-efficient delivery of IT services and support.
- Continuously monitors and evaluates IT operational performance, identifying areas for improvement, optimizing processes, and implementing best practices to drive efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Stays up to date with emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices in IT technology and operations, evaluating their potential impact on the organization and making recommendations for adoption or improvement.
- Ensures that decisions and plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, software acquisitions are in line with the organizations’ business plan and vision.
- Identifies and manages, budget, resourcing plan, including resource needs, training, organizational growth for Platform Infrastructure Services.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Skills and Education
- Extensive knowledge and leadership experience with both on premise and cloud-based Infrastructure services, to include mastery of this functional domain, project/program leadership, and full scope service ownership.
- Extensive knowledge and leadership experience with proactive IT monitoring, response, and recovery management services.
- Extensive experience with forecasting demand and managing proactive response to that demand to help ensure Infrastructure services are ready and available.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; Master’s degree or MBA is highly desirable.
- Successful experience as an inclusive leader, able to develop employees with diverse backgrounds over multiple operations functions. He/she will enable a culture that fosters trust and transparency within the organization as well as with partners and customers.
- 15 or more years of relevant experience in managing infrastructure and/or technology operations for enterprise level services.
Required Behavioral Attributes:
- Proven ability to demonstrate leadership through both influence and stakeholder engagement
- Functions well in a team environment. Gains consensus, leads, influences, and ensures cross-discipline participation and feedback
- Proven ability to formulate a strategic vision, define and implement action plans to achieve goals
- Extensive technical leadership experience
- Proven flexible management style to deal with diverse company cultures and individual differences
- Proven broad understanding of IT development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions in an environment with some ambiguity and uncertainty
- Proven ability to manage changing expectations
- Experience with continuously improving a function
- Experience working across IT functional boundaries
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience in business continuity management and disaster recovery
- Experience in driving and improving service ownership improvements across cross functional teams
- Experience managing teams that develop innovative solutions to complex business problems that address digital transformations across both IT and business driven business challenges.
- Master’s degree and/or MBA
Full-Time Salary Range: $164000 - $278800
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom