Payroll Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Charlotte, NC 28277-3439, US
Finance & Accounting
Job Description The Payroll Analyst reports into the Finance Shared Services (FSS) Payroll Director. The position is responsible for payroll data entry and validation tasks. The position will collect and process labor, travel, and enterprise files, load all information into PeopleSoft Payroll, and validate gross to net payroll calculations are accurate and error free. The role will perform entry of supplemental earnings and deductions into web-based payroll data entry tools (e.g. Web Payroll Interface), following set payroll input processes to ensure entries are approved and appropriate. The position is responsible for following policies and procedures that ensure the creation of payroll information is accurate and complete. The position will interface with various groups within the FSS including Time Collection, Travel and Expense, and Payroll Processing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs day-to-day activities related to the data entry and validation of payroll for employees in BAE Systems, Inc.
- Executes processes via an automated scheduler which loads on-cycle payroll information including labor (time collection), travel and expense, and other enterprise files.
- Calculates and enters supplemental earnings transactions (e.g. military differentials, PTO sell, etc.) and deductions (e.g. employee repayments) to ensure complete and accurate gross to net payroll can be developed.
- Supports any incoming requests to perform any off-cycle payroll processing, as required.
- Reviews and validates payroll prior to any payroll run or disbursement, to ensure payroll is complete and accurate across the organization. Troubleshoots issues in conjunction with Payroll Processing team.
- Assist with Payroll Testing during implementation projects.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree with 1 year relevant payroll experience; or 2 years payroll related experience with an Associates Degree OR a minimum of 4 years direct payroll related experience with a High School Diploma
- Familiarity with payroll functions and processes
- Familiarity enterprise-wide payroll software
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Strong process and systems skills
- Proficiency with numbers and strong attention to detail
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- 2+ years experience highly preferred
- Able to articulate complex subject matter effectively
- Able to anticipate problems and respond accordingly
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft Payroll
- Familiarity with federal and state wage and tax laws
- Payroll certifications (including FPC or CPP) preferred
- Experience interfacing with customers
- Excellent entrepreneurial skills and ability to work independently
Full-Time Salary Range: $47900 - $76600
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom