Operations Program Manager III - Project Ranger Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Wayne, IN 46809, US
Project & Program Management
Job Description Oversees and manages the Operations project(s) and serves as liaison between program management and planning, project team, and line management for the Site programs. Prepares project execution plan and identifies technical and business resources needed. Reviews status of projects and budgets, manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- Work with the Operations and Program Management to develop strategies, prioritize, communicate, and manage operational priorities and initiatives.
- Provides a "single point of contact" between Operations and the Program Office for providing program status and resolving problems.
- Interfaces with Program Managers to coordinate Operations activities to meet delivery schedules, achieve project cost targets, and assure quality of the delivered product.
- Works vertically and across the organization to help ensure coordination and alignment; identifying opportunities, challenges and barriers to success.
- Interfaces with Supply Chain and other functional areas on matters affecting the status of operations.
- Reviews reports detailing product status, direct labor utilization, efficiency, scrap, rework and defect data. Participates in the development and execution of plans to address unfavorable trends or variances.
- Participates in the review and analysis of capital budget requests and recommends necessary capital improvements for the facility.
- Ensures products and services are delivered on time and within cost in accordance with contract terms and conditions, while also meeting performance requirements.
- Supports the implementation of new systems, procedures and work instructions, and special projects supporting project specific manufacturing and customer service objectives.
- Leader and initiator in safety. Helps to ensures compliance with all company & OSHA regulated safety requirements/standards; and environmental and ethical requirements.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated performance leading projects including cost and schedule management
- Ability to lead in a cross-functional team environment, with a customer-focused approach, and an aptitude for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated success in implementing lean manufacturing and supply chain initiatives
- Record of success in supporting increasing demand while continuing to meet key performance indicators
- Strong diplomatic, communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and report status of projects within a project management discipline
- Ability to provide strategic contributions while successfully executing on tactical objectives
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Master’s Degree and a combination of 10 years of Operations / Supply Chain experience
- Lean and Six-Sigma certified from an accredited source
- Experience with AS9145 construct
- Proficiency in office technologies including MS Word, Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint; Visio
- Proficiency with continuous process improvement methodologies and tools; strong group facilitation skills
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom