Operations Program Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, KY 40214-2600, US
Project & Program Management
Oversees and manages the Operations project(s) and serves as liaison between program management and planning, project team, and line management for the Site programs. Prepares project execution plan and identifies technical and business resources needed. Reviews status of projects and budgets, manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- Work with the Operations and Program Management to develop strategies, prioritize, communicate, and manage operational priorities and initiatives.
- Provides a "single point of contact" between Operations and the Program Office for providing program status and resolving problems.
- Interfaces with Program Managers to coordinate Operations activities to meet delivery schedules, achieve project cost targets, and assure quality of the delivered product.
- Works vertically and across the organization to help ensure coordination and alignment; identifying opportunities, challenges and barriers to success.
- Interfaces with Supply Chain and other functional areas on matters affecting the status of operations.
- Reviews reports detailing product status, direct labor utilization, efficiency, scrap, rework and defect data. Participates in the development and execution of plans to address unfavorable trends or variances.
- Participates in the review and analysis of capital budget requests and recommends necessary capital improvements for the facility.
- Ensures products and services are delivered on time and within cost in accordance with contract terms and conditions, while also meeting performance requirements.
- Supports the implementation of new systems, procedures and work instructions, and special projects supporting project specific manufacturing and customer service objectives.
- Leader and initiator in safety. Helps to ensures compliance with all company & OSHA regulated safety requirements/standards; and environmental and ethical requirements.
Required Skills and Education · A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing or other strongly related discipline.
· Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience in such areas as manufacturing, production control, manufacturing engineering, operations excellence, and quality.
· Previous experience working in a government contract environment.
· Problem solving and analytical skills to review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities.
· Planning, organizing and managing time to handle multiple assignments concurrently.
· Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments.
· Strong computer application skills.
· Strong written, oral and organizational skills.
· The ability to effectively influence cross functional teams.
· Exercise independent judgment with regard to resolution of problems and interaction with other departments.
· Own assignments and be fully accountable for their success.
· Align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Eligibility for minimum secret level clearance.Preferred Skills and Education · Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business related field is preferred.
· Experience supervising office and production personnel.
· Low volume, high complexity production background strongly preferred.About BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom