Network Systems Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Albuquerque, NM 87106, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems Inc. is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the US Space Force (USSF) Space and Missile Systems Center, Innovation and Prototyping Directorate (SMC/DCIO), through the Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) contract. The contract supports SMC to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the EDIS satellite ground system program and its customers, directly supporting multiple operational and experimental satellite missions in Albuquerque, NM
- Perform network design/monitoring, permissions management, account management, user activity logging, virtualization management, middleware management, and database management.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establish goals to meet objectives.
- Establish and recommend changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s).
- Coordinate, direct and perform complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages and services
- Continually monitor multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels
- Ensure mission data/media availability and recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations
- Serve as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
- Act as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Apply extensive technical expertise of related disciplines to guide the successful completion of major programs.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Active Top Secret security clearance with the eligibility to obtain TS/SCI
- Current DoD 8570 IAT level II approved certification (Security+) and the ability to maintain all required DoD 8570 certifications
- Strong background in configuring, administering, and maintaining computer server systems and virtual machines
- Demonstrated understanding and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field and general knowledge of other related disciplines
- Background in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Record of program or project management with the ability to organize efforts, achieve results, document processes and findings, and brief senior management
- Experience and certification with Windows and Linux operating systems servers
- Bachelor’s degree with five (5) years of experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Prior experience supporting USSF (AFSPC) satellite operations or space missions
- Knowledge of VMware ESXi virtual environments and management of virtual servers
- Knowledge of Active Directory, security groups, and group policies
- Certifications and/or knowledge in MCSE, RHCE, Oracle, Cisco, Linux, ServiceNow
- MS Sharepoint, Visio; Vmware vRealize Operations; Eclipse IDE; Cisco CLI
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom