Mobility Service Center (MSC) Program Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Bluemont, VA 20135, US
Engineering & Technology
- Ensure that program and project goals are accomplished and align with business objectives for the MSC as it relates to telecommunications-related projects. Apply tools, skills, and techniques to tasks and activities to meet project requirements.
- Responsible for planning, directing, coordinating activities, and providing documentation for all technology and business unit projects within the MSC to support the customer mission.
- Manage team in conducting baseline inventories, streamlining processes and procedures, and participation in work groups to improve customer satisfaction and efficiencies resulting in possible cost savings.
- Leverage “best practices” from the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) to manage MSC projects. The goals of this methodology is to promote project consistency across the program; help decision-makers determine resource allocation; ensure that all projects are completed on time and within budget; identify risks and plan appropriate risk responses; and manage warranties, contracts, and data required to deliver and track cellular wireless, wire line, mobility and satellite managed services for FEMA.
- Incorporate organizational (CM) change management principles into the MSC program and project management delivery approach, and ensure that expectations are managed, stakeholders are continually informed of project status; and project management standards are rapidly established and followed.
- Work with FEMA MSC management to schedule contractor support and ensure sufficient coverage based on the performance work statement (PWS).
- Ensuring staff are properly trained, and working with staff to refresh skills when needed.
- Implements appropriate controls and quality assurance; ensures adherence to FEMA processes and procedures, consistent and efficient trouble resolution, error reduction, and continuous process improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with benefits, risks and challenges) while providing thought leadership to stakeholders in solving process and/or technical problems
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Provide leadership for MSC team at all levels including daily supervision, coaching, performance management and development.
- Oversee and act as an escalation point for all IT requests, incidents and vendor management.
- Solve problems, make decisions and collaborate with other members of the leadership team on a daily basis relative to MSC responsibilities.
- Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to the IT department and other business partners on a regular schedule or as needed.
- Help train MSC staff on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 15-20 Years of telecommunications experience
- Experience developing and executing IT projects
- National Call Center experience
- Executive Management experience in both remote and onsite locations
- Experience providing executive level decisions to meet contract and program goals
- Familiarity with the FEMA Service Center program processes and procedures
- 24 x 7 availability
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Highly self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- ITIL certification
- Certification(s) in mobile device management and security
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems or an Information Technology- intensive discipline
- Ability to receive and hold a Public Trust security clearance.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom