Mobile Help Desk Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Bluemont, VA 20135, US
Engineering & Technology
Join BAE Systems and be part of a diverse and enthusiastic team who is supporting our customer’s critical mission. We are searching for dedicated individuals to join one of our new and expanding programs.
BAE Systems is seeking Mobile Services Help Desk Specialists to support our customer in Bluemont, VA and Washington DC. This position will provide Tier 2 mobile services support for the client's employees and customers, and is focused on first contact resolution. Work will be performed at the Mount Weather, Bluemont, VA location, FEMA HQ in Washington DC, or telework. Staff will be able to telework part of the time once they are proficiently working in the customer environment. GFE will be provided to the contractor to support this constraint. Contractor must have high-speed internet at home for teleworking.
Mobile Services Help Desk operates using shifts that can vary and with staff being adjusted to meet requirements in order to provide 24 x 7 support for the customer. Most staff work regular business hours 8:00 – 5:00 with breaks and lunch, and we don’t work federal holidays.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Provide wireless technologies support for both voice and data communications
- 24 X 7 X 365 call center support for mobility Tier I and II help desk functionality
- Provide website maintenance, and Telecom Expense Management (TEM) systems operations and maintenance, performance monitoring, integration services, and support of major enterprise disaster and non-disaster assistance
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming questions and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Provision wireless communications devices for FEMA staff and contractors.
- Respond to queries and troubleshoot over the phone and via email.
- Report to work promptly based on the work schedule.
- Occasionally train new staff to assist in getting them up to speed and comfortable with the customer’s environment.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
The ideal candidate will have the following skills;
- Tier III system engineering support for Mobile Device Management (MDM), and Microsoft Office 365 (O365). This can also include system engineering support for technology update and refresh efforts, managing tasks and activities at the project level, and providing program management – centralized coordinated management of all related projects
- Experience with Remedy Service Desk or similar IT ticketing system.
- Ability to interact and work with a diverse customer base. Requirements arrive via email, telephone calls, SharePoint, Remedy Trouble Reporting System and verbally from Leads, Managers and Supervisors.
- Adept at oral communications, demonstrating good telephone skills, verbal communications and customer service skills. Staff must also be able to explain technical issues in simple layman terms.
- Safety rules must be followed at all times.
- Dress is business casual.
Typical Education and Experience:
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience.
Ideal certifications may have one of the following certs, but are not required:
- Certified Expert Mobile Security Professional (CEMP)
- Credentialed Mobile Device Security Professional (CMDSP)
- VMware Certified Desktop and Mobility 2020 (VCP-DTM 2020)
Ability to receive and hold a Public Trust security clearance.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom