Missile ICBM Aerospace Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hill AFB, UT 84056, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is looking for an Aerospace Engineer to join our team for an exciting opportunity to support the readiness and sustainment of the USAF Minuteman III (MMIII) Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM). The ICBM System Program Office must ensure a safe, secure and reliable MMIII weapon system as required by the war fighter, Air Force Global Strike Command (AFGSC), through 2030. This activity will assist the government in acquisition and technical sustainment engineering and also help train and develop this capability within the government. AFGSC is responsible for evaluating the Intercontinental Ballistic Missile force’s ability to accomplish its Air Force mission. AFGSC establishes accuracy and reliability planning factors under operational conditions, detects changes in weapon system accuracy and reliability, identifies areas for weapon system modification or improvement, and verifies operational effectiveness and suitability. This job position will support AFGSC with MMIII operational test launch preflight planning, launch support and post launch analysis.
This position will be located at Hill AFB, UT.
- Perform Minuteman III operational test launch preflight mission planning.
- Provide mission analysis support to assist in defining test launch objectives and test range sensor and range safety constraints.
- Provide engineering support to investigate missile flight test anomalies and provide analysis in determining causes/malfunctions and develop corrective action solutions.
- Analyze Reentry Vehicle (RV) aerodynamic performance for effects of lift and drag on the Best Estimate of Trajectory (BET).
- Determine BET from RV deployment to impact using metric tracking and weather data.
- Use BET to determine weapon system miss and all sub-component misses.
- Perform Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) accuracy analysis using GPS and telemetry data to estimate guidance and control contribution to miss other than reentry.
- Perform RV separation performance and accuracy analysis.
- Perform arming and fuzing accuracy and performance analysis.
- Publish vehicle performance reports.
- Prepare and publish flight accuracy briefing materials.
- Attend operational test launch meetings.
- Perform data processing and flight test analysis necessary to support failure analysis.
- Develop, maintain, and modify regression software to determine vehicle performance and accuracy.
- Develop engineering estimates of accuracy.
- Reconcile engineering estimates with flight test data and adjust accuracy model if required.
- Compute and analyze accuracy data for bias, covariance and circular error probability at RV burst and impact.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Required Education: BS in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering (from an ABET accredited university program).
- Active Secret clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom