Mid-Level Systems Engineer/Trainer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is looking for an experienced mid-level Systems Engineer. The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to work with platforms and mission applications for intelligence and defense customers with domain emphasis in targeting, weaponeering, Geospatial Intelligence, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), and Mission Management.
The candidate will apply Systems Engineering principles and applicable field experience to the support the requirements analysis, design, development, verification, and training of targeting and weaponeering software including:
- Working with customers, end users, and other contractors with the DoD community in the understanding and development of conops for intelligence, targeting, weaponeering, and mission planning.
- Develop curriculum materials for and conduct training related to targeting, weaponeering, and/or mission planning systems
- Defining/documenting baseline requirements which may include analysis of customer/systems requirements; CONOPS development; establishing and documenting software derived and decomposed requirements
- Preparation of engineering documentation (requirements, design, software test plans and procedures, end user documentation and training materials)
- Collaborating with developers; providing feedback and insight to development teams on requirements and software testability
- Developing, documenting, and executing test plans and procedures for all phases of testing from integration to full system integration testing; defining verification and validation methods
- Participating in and preparation of materials for technical reviews and various other technical exchange meetings
- Recommending and developing new, innovative, and efficient process improvements to current testing processes and methodologies including use of automated testing approaches
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering with 4+ years of related work experience OR 9 years of experience and in-depth knowledge in the operational aspects of Navy targeting, weaponeering, and/or mission planning systems.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Hold a Secret level security clearance
- Experience with operational aspects of Navy or AF targeting, weaponeering, and/or mission planning systems
- Experience with imagery exploitation or targeting systems such as TNT, SOCET GXP, CGS
- Experience with imagery data and/or imagery processing systems, GEOINT systems and data
- Experience with intel and weapon systems software (e.g., GCCS, MIDB, JWS, JTT, GETM)
- Experience with operational differences between Cruise Missile Support Activities (CMSAs) and Tomahawk Strike Mission Planning Centers (TSMPCs)
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, users, and contractors from the DoD communities
- Familiarization with C4ISR systems
- Experience with requirement specifications, verification, developing/executing test cases
- MS Windows Operating environment; MS Office products;
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Hold a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- DOORS or other requirements management tool
- Systems engineering activities, processes, and methodologies (Agile, etc.),
- Experience with requirements development, requirements management systems, system design of complex systems, incorporating new designs and systems into existing platforms and developing technical documentation Project milestones and technical reviews
- Maintaining/managing requirements traceability between requirements and test cases
- Knowledge of issue tracking systems (Jira preferred)
- Engineering documentation (requirements and design artifacts, test plans)
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Familiar with SOA architectures
- Security+ Certification
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom