Mechanical Assembly Technician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Louisville, KY 40214-2600, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description - Performs a wide variety of semi-skilled manual labor tasks to include but not limited to: simple repetitive drilling, fitting, deburring, tapping, unloading, transporting, and assisting higher grade employees in disassembly/assembly tasks. This task may require component assembly at the at the sub-assembly level independently or at higher assembly levels under direction of Journeyman. Technician is responsible for the quality of all work performed.
- Performs wide variety of assembly/disassembly tasks at the component or subassembly level.
- Works under the supervision of a team leader who gives minimal instructions as well as under the supervision of an Electrical Mechanical Assembler or Working Lead. Team leader is available for consultation. Upon completion of a job, technician will close sequence in computer system which verifies the work is complete and conforms to quality requirements.
- Employee is responsible for maintaining/improving housekeeping standard in his/her work area and adhering to established safety rules and practices.
- Must be capable of interfacing with computerized time and attendance system to accurately document all changes.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
1. Must have the ability and self-motivation to apply talents independently and with good judgement.
2. Must maintain accuracy and integrity of WIP inventory and production orders.
3. Manual dexterity skills required.
4. Must have ability to follow oral and written instructions.
5. Must have ability to read and interpret drawings, military specs, technical manuals, etc.
6. Must possess the ability to use hand and power tools.
7. Must have the physical strength and ability to sufficiently perform routine or heavy manual tasks.
8. Must have a mechanical aptitude and general knowledge of assembly type process and capable of operating material moving equipment, e.g. when necessary EzGo type carts, pallet trucks, pendant cranes.
9. Must be able to work various shifts as needed.
10. High school diploma or GED
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Experience working in a manufacturing/machining environment.About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom