Material Planner Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
New Boston, TX 75570, US
Supply Chain & Logistics
Job Description BAE Systems is Seeking a Material Planner located at Red River Army Depot Location:
This position works under general direction and guidance of the Materials Manager/Supervisor/Sr. Planner and is responsible for all planning and scheduling of manufactured provided parts through the following systems:
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and Enterprise Resources Planning(ERP).
- Plans, schedules and manages the efficient movement of material from receiving or the warehouse to production.
- Develops raw material requirements and scheduling requirements from engineering specifications and production schedules and plans and manages material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production.
- May use Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems.
- May negotiate lead times with suppliers and manage schedules for timely delivery.
- This position relies on experience and judgment to organize, plan and accomplish department objectives with a wide degree of creativity and latitude expected to fulfill a variety of duties.
Required Skills and Education
- Oracle ERP experience, BOM experience, intermediate to advance in Excel
- Proficient knowledge of material requirements planning processes and concepts, enterprise resources planning and concepts, and capacity requirements planning processes and concepts.
- Knowledge forecasting part shortages and taking steps to minimize line stoppage by working with purchasing/expediting group.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Exceptional planning, time management and organizational skills are a must
- Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with Company personnel, customers, and suppliers
Preferred Skills and Education Oracle ERP experienceAbout BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom