Material Handler Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aiken, SC 29805-9320, US
Supply Chain & Logistics
Job Description BAE Systems is currently hiring for an experienced Material Handler in our Aiken, SC location! Within this role, you will load, unload, and conveys materials within or near plant, yard, or work site and performs a combination of tasks under specific direction which may include shipping and/or receiving.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Opening containers using hand tools: counts, weighs and samples materials and uses computer systems for tracking, logging, verifying and recording information.
- Loading and unloading materials onto or from pallets, trays, multi-level racks, conveyors, and machines by hand.
- Loading or unloading materials into or from trucks by hand.
- Conveys materials using wheelbarrow, hand truck, forklift, electric dolly, elevator, or other devices.
- Stacks or assembles materials.
- Aids machine operators by lifting heavy objects by hand or by use of power hoist.
- Process the receipt, issue and storing of material daily.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent and relevant experience
- Commitment to helping maintain our high level of inventory accuracy by being able to count accurately and learn and process transactions both timely and accurately.
- Ability to follow safety rules and work safely.
- Ability to load and unload trucks.
- Ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Have sound interpersonal skills in working with other employees and visitors to our facility.
- Ability to comply with policies and procedures.
- Ability to pass a fork truck drivers test for safe handling and movement of material in, out and around our facility.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Forklift CertificationAbout BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom