Marketing Operations Analyst - Hybrid Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Job Description Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely. Available in San Diego or Reston, VA.
Seeking a proficient marketer with strong project management skills, advanced writing abilities, and a firm attention to detail to coordinate key marketing operations for a software development group within a Fortune 500 company. In this role, you will collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Product Management teams to simplify complex narratives and communicate the benefits of the GXP software ecosystem to our customer base worldwide. Representing a unique opportunity to influence marketing strategy in a multi-national organization, this role requires a creative, data-driven, team-player with a hands-on approach and superior organizational skills.
- Collaborate with Graphic Design to manage and review the creation of effective marketing collateral and digital communications including document branding and markings.
- Manage domestic and international inventory of marketing materials and equipment.
- Implement digital marketing efforts including Google AdWords and social media marketing initiatives.
- Coordinate the Full Public Release (FPR) and Export approval processes for all sales and marketing content while ensuring the addition of these materials to our internal online Resource Center.
- Support global tradeshow and event strategy, tactical planning, and logistics for 25+ events per year including our signature annual user conference.
- Identify, monitor, summarize, and generate insights from market research including general industry reports, competitive intelligence, online search, and various forms of primary research.
- Partner with Product Development to manage submissions for industry awards and recognition for the GXP product ecosystem.
- Collaborate with Legal to manage GXP product and service trademarks, including new trademark submissions.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field (applicants with a GIS degree and strong marketing skills will also be considered).
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role to include marketing, product management, market research, or an equivalent business role, preferably with a technology or SaaS organization.
- Advanced project management skills, including experience with time-sensitive projects/processes and working to deadlines.
- A strong grasp of grammar, extensive vocabulary, and copy editing skills along with a strict attention to detail.
- Ability to grasp complex, technical (software) product / workflow details and translate them into a simple yet compelling, universally understood narrative.
- Strong knowledge of primary methods of market research including surveys, user groups/advisory boards, interviews, customer satisfaction, and market segmentation.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Ability to make data-driven and qualitative assessments based on market research.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom