Manufacturing Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Wayne, IN 46809, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description Job Description:
Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling. Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout. Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance. Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
Product Process Efficiency
- Define and improve fixturing and tooling
- Reduce cycle times, maintaining once optimal
- Reduce touch time, maintaining once optimal
- Eliminate bottlenecks
- Maintain optimal utilization, initiating improvements where possible and applicable
- Provide input into costing and practices cost control
- Reduction of quality documents related to manufacturing equipment, processes, or product
- Ensure team meets quality objectives
- Promote a culture of 100% quality
- Take part in quality investigations, including Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCA), as determined by the Quality Control Engineer (QCE)
- Collaboration with QCEs and Operation’s Lead (OL) to close out Corrective Action Responses (CAR)
- Establish and maintain adequate Characteristic Verification Process (CVP) for all products
- Support and perform ship CVP and other audits as necessary and implement corrective actions based on trends
- Document quality defects generated from manufacturing processes, equipment and design
- Ensure timely implementation of Operations Standard Operating Procedure (OSOP), work instruction and router changes to prevent overdue Quality Coordination & Instructions (QCI)
- Create, maintain and improve work instructions (e.g., planning, OSOPs)
- Review, approve and implement engineering changes to ensure proper configuration control
- Work collaboratively with other Process Owners on meeting product process efficiency and product compliance goals collectively
- Ensure ongoing collaboration of best practices and strategies
- Lead initiatives to ensure that continuous improvement is an ongoing process
- Identify and communicate training needs and skills gaps in the teams
- Carry out training when necessary
- Provide and/or identify mentoring and coaching opportunities
- Model appropriate behaviors that encourage effective team work
- Ensure compliance to all aspects of Safety
- Proactively maintain a safe working environment
- Comply with audits
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status.Required Education, Experience, & Skills Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Formal technical qualification related to field of work
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills BS in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or equivalentAbout BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom