Manager of Operations Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Elgin, OK 73538, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description What’s it like working for a company that delivers life-saving products and services to our nation’s military? Humbling. As part of our manufacturing and maintenance division you can help us ensure the integrity and reliability of some of our most important products. Right now we are looking for an Operations Manager to join our team overseeing the fabrication of our military vehicle lines.
As an Operations Manager you will:
- Plans, organizes, staffs, controls, and directs medium-sized, complex manufacturing activities (i.e. fabrications, machining, welding, assembly, paint or test) including production, maintenance, inventory control, quality, and process engineering.
- Assesses and applies measures, methods, and techniques designed to improve safety, product, and process quality, efficiency, productivity, and equipment and process performance; recommends changes in working conditions and modification in machine tools and plant facilities.
- Coordinates with appropriate personnel regarding safety, quality assurance, master scheduling, facilities engineering, environmental management, labor/material/overhead/G&A costs, to optimize return on assets.
- Selects, directs, trains, develops and reviews subordinates; determines staffing levels. Manages hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation action, and termination, as required, consistent with LOB policy.
- Develops and implements staffing plans for direct and indirect labor, and administrative personnel, maximizing personnel safety, quality, efficiency, utilization, and productivity.
- Manages work-in-process inventory ensuring availability to meet production commitments at maximum cost containment; develops and implements procedures to optimize work-in-process-inventory.
- Provides management, government, and appropriate customer personnel with complete, current, and accurate date on department activity, together with recommendations from management action/decision.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies. Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Provides leadership for shared responsibility of employee development. Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
- The position requires administration of a collective bargaining contract. The position is 80% factory environment interfacing with direct labor personnel and 20% office environment performing administrative duties
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Ability to identify, define, interpret, and develop new and creative solutions to solve complex problems as solutions are often innovative.
- Must be able to coordinate and lead others in accomplishing work activities.
- Experience establishing performance standards for employees and contract personnel.
- Ability to determine appropriate method and procedures.
- Have good planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and multitask.
- Communication skills to explain relevant concepts to personnel unacquainted with processes and requirements
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Knowledgeable in blueprint reading and interpretation, safety management techniques, routings, process sheets, work instructions, labor reports, quality statistics, inventory monitoring, standards interpretation, quality management metrics/tools, capacity requirements planning (CRP), and key performance indicators; ability to utilize computer systems for inquiry and data manipulation required.About BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom