Maintenance Technician - Electrician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78725-2151, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description What’s it like working for a company that delivers products to protect those who protect us? Humbling. As part of our operations division you can help us ensure the integrity and reliability of some of our most important products. Right now we are looking for maintenance technicians/electricians to join our manufacturing operations team within our maintenance shop.
Here, you’ll grow your career, have access to a great benefits – all while being a valued member of our workforce. With no forced overtime and our competitive salary packages, you’ll have a great work/life balance. Best of all, with our commitment to excellence you’ll work alongside others who will help you improve your skills and which may lead you to future job opportunities within the company.
In this job, you will:
- Perform installation and maintenance involving diagnosis, dismantling, repair, and reassembly of intricate systems, equipment, and PLC
- Use precision measuring and analytical test equipment and processes
- Ability to interpret and apply requirements from provided instructions (i.e. blueprints, manuals, layouts, verbal, etc.)
- Maintain accurate and timely records, both electronic and manual
- Coordinates with engineers in the set-up and calibration of tasks
- May assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process
Physical requirements of this job include:
- Must be physically capable of performing essential functions of the position
- Must be able to work at heights, in confined spaces, and to climb stairs and ladders
- Must be able to carry personal tool bag weighing anywhere from 20-30 lbs
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- High School Diploma and 3 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Must possess basic reading, writing and mathematical skills
- Demonstrated experience with installation and maintenance of equipment
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment
- Must be able to use hand tools and power tools safely
- Information entry via a computer
- Must be able to understand, read and interpret electrical symbols and schematics
- Must have strong communication and good interpersonal skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Interpret and troubleshoot PLC systems
- Perform complex diagnosis, troubleshooting repair and installation of intricate equipment and systems
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom