Maintenance Mechanic IV Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Jacksonville, FL 32226, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Candidates must be able to work with limited supervision on a daily basis performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing mechanical and basic electrical systems. Candidate will be expected to work 40 hours each week and overtime as needed.
Other job duties include:
- Maintain preventative and corrective maintenance files
- Identify repair parts
- Operate forklifts and aerial lifts
- Refuel generators, forklifts, trucks, and high reach equipment
- Minimum of 2 years rolling stock equipment maintenance experience
- Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and
- Installing, troubleshooting, inspecting, repairing, and maintaining shop equipment including pumps, hydraulic
systems and controls, pneumatic systems, controls and instrumentation, lathes, boring machines, saws, milling
machines, and similar plant machinery and equipment.
- Maintain highest quality standards of workmanship
- Complete assigned work safely and efficiently per BAE Company Procedures and Policy.
- Disassembly and assembly of shop machinery and other equipment as directed
- Read and understand all types of schematics and equipment manuals to effectively identify parts and perform
preventative maintenance as per Manufacturer instructions
- Repair and assembly of machinery and equipment which require close tolerances and precise set up procedures
- Experience with use of precision measurement tools
- Use of instrumentation/calibration procedures as required
- Apply skills and knowledge to monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot
- Other responsibilities include various shop work using metalworking tools such as a lathe, mill, drill press, hydraulic
press, and welding
- Must have ability to use and experience in using a variety of hand tools and power hand tools
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Must have a high school diploma or GED; Highly motivated and eager to learn; Ability to use Windows based computer software a plus.
Must be willing to work varying shifts. Knowledge of machine shop equipment including repair and maintenance.
Must be highly motivated and able to work independently with only general supervision.
Must be able to obtain and maintain DBIDS access.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom