Maintenance Electrician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Anniston, AL 36201-4223, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description Performs electrical maintenance work with demonstrated proficiency (skills, techniques, knowledge) required to install and maintain the electrical systems to provide power for machines, equipment, lighting and other electrical requirements in accordance with codes, regulations, and safety specifications. Perform other plant duties as assigned. Performs work under normal supervision.
- Plans and lays out work, referencing blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, work orders, written or oral instructions as required.
- Performs a range of tasks ranging from the very simple to complex involving installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and rework of electrical and electronic equipment such as power circuits, conduit systems, and related transmission equipment and PLC’s .
- Uses electricians’ hand tools, electrical, electronic, and test equipment.
- Performs related work and work of lower classifications as assigned. Assist millwrights as required.
- Works under general supervision, receiving assistance from lower or higher classified employees when warranted.
- Performs general clean-up work as required.
- Work requires training in electronics/electricity or electrical experience, familiarity with manufacturing operations and a working knowledge of shop mathematics.
- Makes circuit design changes on the job with assistance.
- Understand the basics of hydraulics and mechanically-operated equipment.
- Uses and make minor repairs on all test equipment.
- Trains electricians in lower classifications.
- Assists in maintaining electrical supplies and requisitions materials.
- Assists in scheduling downtime maintenance and preventive maintenance.
- Has the ability to operate the electrical maintenance department if no supervision is available.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- High School degree, or GED equivalent.
- Completion of 2 years Trade School in related field, or 5 years equivalent training and experience.
- Requires electrical/electronic knowledge required to trouble shoot, diagnose, install, repair and rework complex equipment.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, technical information to mechanics, machine operators and supervisors as well as lead and coordinate maintenance personnel assigned by supervision.
- Ability to work in team environment.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom