MAFPS Cloud Architect/SW Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a Cloud Software Architect to lead a multi-disciplinary team in an Agile, fast-paced development environment to support the Mobility Air Forces Automated Flight Planning Services (MAFPS) program. The qualified candidate will support the development and implementation of complex software services that incorporate mission, platform, navigation, airspace, weather and other aeronautical data from authoritative sources to generate and visualize 4-D optimized flight plans that adhere to complex global airspace business rules to support the USAF’s Air Mobility Command’s (AMC) 618th Air Operations Center (AOC) daily worldwide airspace operations. MAFPS is integrated with the US Air Force network and operates 24/7/365. This position is located in San Diego, CA.
The qualified candidate will provide technical leadership of the effort to migrate the legacy MAFPS code baseline from its current VM/server based infrastructure to a cloud implementation as part of a multi-phased strategy to modernize and improve AMC’s support to USAF operations. This effort includes the development and implementation of a CI/CD pipeline to build and deploy to the cloud using DevOps best practices, creating Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for AWS and MAFPS services, deployment automation using Ansible, and technical design and documentation. The qualified candidate will work closely with program leadership, the development, integration and test teams as well as the customer to guide and coordinate this activity to achieve program objectives. This position may require occasional business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations, user training and customer meetings.Required Skills and Education
- Experience with cloud computing environments and services such as AWS, Azure and CloudOne
- Experience designing cloud architectures and leading their implementation at enterprise scales
- Experience developing and implementing DevOps and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) methods, preferably with AWS GovCloud
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse technical teams towards achieving common objectives
- Experience with migrating legacy systems to cloud-based services such as AWS EC2
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform or other automated deployment and provisioning tools with AWS GovCloud
- Ability to analyze customer needs and apply Agile Software Engineering practices to achieve various Agile objectives within compressed, iterative development schedules
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor of Science degree in Software Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent operational experience
- Experience with Cloud One integration
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect and/or DevOps Engineer
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) development experience
- Proficiency with Agile management and collaboration tools (e.g., Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Ability to develop improved methods to increase program efficiency
- Experience with RESTful web services, JAX-RS, SOAP-based web services
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and Atlassian tools
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom