Machinery Craft Supervisor (1st shift) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92170-3308, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description BAE Systems in San Diego is seeking a Craft Supervisor for our Machinery Department (2nd Shift). The Craft Supervisor oversees the daily work performed in the Craft Supervisor’s assigned Shop. Within this role, you will be responsible for assigning and monitoring the completion of work, as well as providing technical assistance, and generally managing the workforce within the Shop.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- The Craft Supervisor is expected to identify and ensure that appropriate actions are taken to support the timely and effective completion of assigned tasks. This includes ensuring that company policies and practices are followed in all phases of project performance and personnel-related functions, including but not limited to the hiring and supervision of employees, employee performance management, terminations, promotions and demotions.
- Responsible for ensuring that employees comply with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the Trade is pursuing Company goals for Safety, Quality and Productivity.
- Developing and/or reviewing project schedules and budgets during the planning phase.
- Allocating personnel and resources to efficiently support all contracts (including shift work).
- Overseeing and monitoring schedule performance, including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, investigation of late activities, project supervision, and the development of practical solutions. Monitoring and evaluating project budget performance, including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, development of productivity enhancements, investigation of over-budget items and EMV management and understanding.
- Monitoring productivity across all shifts, including the amount and type of work assigned as well as the quality and quantity of work accomplished.
- Performing personnel related functions including, but not limited to, the supervision of employees, performance management, workforce reductions, promotions, demotions and discipline. Ensuring that employees understand and adhere to Company policies. Training and motivating employees in the areas of technical knowledge, safety, environmental and communication.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices and standards or wide application of technical principles.
- Full knowledge of industry practices Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- May refer to established precedents and policies. Work is performed under general direction.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- High school or equivalent degree with a minimum of 8+ years’.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in the relevant trade.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, supervise, and direct the work of other employees in the relevant trade or industry.
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in making operations and personnel decisions.
- Proficient computer skills required including experience with Microsoft Office programs, Powertrack and similar software.
- Capable of giving clear work instructions to employees
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- PAI trained (where applicable)
- Proficient Blueprint reading skills (where applicable)
- Ability to read and understand work specifications- NAVSEA standard items.
- Ability to obtain DBIDS
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom