Logistics Management Information (LMI) Project Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
York, PA 17408-8975, US
Engineering & Technology
What’s it like working for an innovative company that takes on some of the world’s most important challenges? Rewarding. Our reputation is built on delivering quality products that meet our customer's standards and help protect our U.S. service members.
BAE Systems, one of the world’s largest defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 company, is seeking a full-time Logistics Management Information (LMI) Lead Logistics Analyst to support Combat Vehicle Programs. This position can be based in York, Pennsylvania or Sterling Heights, Michigan. At BAE Systems, we value our workforce and work a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off and offer a hybrid option to work remotely 1-2 days / week in addition to a competitive salary and benefit packages to help achieve a balanced life.
In this challenging position, you will use your attention to detail and extensive knowledge of logistics analysis (to include both maintenance and provisioning), logistics lifecycle, logistics tools, engineering drawings, as well as military and industry standards to advise your combat vehicle program and team. You will be the main point of contact with internal and external stakeholders, across multiple functions, and will put their project management skills to use in order to communicate LMI project requirements, status, and risk.
As the Lead Logistics Analyst, you will also be responsible for development and delivery of contractual deliverables to our customers and ultimately directly used by our warfighters. Deliverables may include (but not limited to) meeting and conference minutes, provisioning technical data, maintenance technical data, Repair Parts and Special Tools List (RPSTL), and Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) summaries (e.g., LSA-004, LSA-009, LSA-019, LSA-030, LSA-036).
In addition, the LMI Lead Logistics Analyst:
- Attends and participates in Start of Work (SoW) meetings, hosts project Kick-Off (KO) meetings for new work/new phases of work, coordinates and leads LMI Integrated Product Team (IPT) Meetings with Customer, support staff, and program management.
- Assists with development of working schedule/Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) based on data availability (incoming handoffs), deliverable schedules/deadlines for internal and external customers (product/outgoing handoffs).
- Provides status of product development against schedule and supports communication of metrics to stakeholders, internal and external.
- Coordinates product development with appropriate functional team(s) and tracks progress against budget and schedule. Tracks product quality against acceptable quality level/product style guides/mil-standards and regulations.
- Creates Estimates to Complete (ETCs) for assigned work based on tasks required to be completed, available personnel and measures against allocated budget to perform work.
- Analyzes engineering and maintainability data to determine parts/support, parts to be provisioned, provisioned parts’ level of maintenance, technical or clerical issues with data preventing proper provisioning of parts, task frequencies, Maintenance Replacement Rates (MRRs), task times and parts roll ups, etc.
- Researches and/or applies knowledge of Military and Industry Standards, Regulations, and handbooks to LMI product and ensures the product and deliverables are aligned to these guides. Standards and regulations include (but not limited to): GEIA-STD-0007, MIL-STD-1388-2B, AR 700-18, AR 700-82, AR 700-127, AR 750-1, Mil-STD-40051, MIL-HDBK-1222.
- Works across functions (engineering, maintainability, technical publications, etc.) to coordinate inputs/outputs, research spare parts data, and to answer incoming questions/provide information as needed.
- Interfaces directly with customer on projects regarding development of LMI products, manages expectations related to deliverables and scope of work.
- Coordinates creation of LMI databases using provisioning software, establishes Logistics Control Number (LCN) Structure and creates bills of material (BOMs) based on product structure.
- Works with Technical Publications and Logistics Test Teams to develop and maintain Maintenance Allocation Chart.
- Serves as BAE Systems’ point of contact for LMI sub-contractors (BAE Systems’ or Customer’s sub-contractors).
- Facilitates and participates as BAE Systems Lead in customer LMI / LSA reviews and researches/provides support to resolve concerns and issues, involving support personnel and other functions as required to determine corrective actions.
- Provides input to LMI process development/ LMI process improvements.
- Assists Program with estimating and creating Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for proposed work to include hours, personnel, and required Period of Performance (PoP). Uses program actuals and historical data to provide rationale for estimates.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Typically a high school diploma and 8+ years experience or a bachelor's degree and 4+ years experience.
- Understanding of Logistics Management Information (LMI) development, including provisioning and maintenance task analysis.
- Advanced computer skills in database management / content management systems.
- Experience in reading and analyzing engineering drawings at all levels.
- Intermediate project management skills.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience working with Level Of Repair Analysis (LORA) and / or Maintenance Task Analysis.
- Experience working with illustrated parts books.
- Experience with the following software is a plus: SLICWave Database, PowerLog J, Microsoft Project, Excel, and PowerPoint, Windchill, SharePoint.
Full-Time Salary Range: $81500 - $138600
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom