Logistics Engineer (Automated Test Systems Liaison) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hill AFB, UT 84056-5825, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is looking for a Logistics Engineer who will report to the Systems Engineering Manager for the Automatic Test Systems business. This role requires the individual to work at Hill AFB, UT and be the liaison between the F-16 Avionics Intermediate Shop (AIS) Program Office and the Technical Coordination Group (TCG)) and BAE Systems, the Original Equipment Manufacturer of the F-16 AIS family of test systems. This individual will primarily share tasking from the 416 SCMS/GUMAA and AFLCMC/WNA (Hill-OL) to ensure operational capability for AIS stations throughout seven USAF MAJCOMS and 23 EPAF/FMS countries.
The individual selected for this position will work with the 416 SCMS/GUMAA personnel to provide technical support to resolve technical and or supportability deficiencies reported from operational user sites. Support includes assessing the deficiency, assist in defining the causes, determining impacts to the ATS equipment and supporting the resolutions. Prepare and submit Time Compliance Technical Orders; prepare and produce annual cost avoidance data, track Material Support Division projects, prepare briefings for use by the government and Technical Interchange Meetings and Program Management Reviews. The individual selected will support the Air Force Equipment Specialists and Material Managers to ensure correct Source, Maintenance, and Recoverability (SMR) coding is applied to test station assets.
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Hold an active or recently inactivated (within 24 months) Secret level security clearance
- Experience working in Logistics Management.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, working within focused groups, and able to interface with customer and management audiences.
- Well versed in logistics product support, life cycle management, and logistics engineering supporting new acquisition requirements and sustainment life cycle support.
- Must have strong understanding of Sustainability and Maintainability logistic planning with regards to Automated Test Systems.
- Must be familiar with AAC codes, DEMIL codes, like item catalogues, Order of Use, etc. Experience with the principles and requirements for logistics life cycle management tasks: Individual shall be familiar with Level of Repair Analysis (LORA), Logistic Product Data (LPD)/Logistics Maintenance Information (LMI), Provisioning, and principles of Contractor Logistics Support.
- Familiarity with military products and DoD acquisition from a life cycle logistics perspective.
- Working experience using Defense Acquisitions guides and publications.
- Experience working within life cycle management supporting Air Force customer base throughout an Automated Test Equipment system life cycle
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Hold an active Secret clearance
- Individual should be an agile thinker and executor able to move from a strategic level to the implementation level in interactions with multiple disciplines, audiences and groups.
- Experience with life cycle sustainment planning and execution.
- Familiarity or experience with life cycle cost analysis.
- Familiarity with Technical Manuals and product sustainment projections
- Working knowledge of Sustainability and Maintainability tasks
- Diminishing Manufacturing Source (DMS) requirements, methods, processes, and procedures
- Software Configuration Management processes and procedures required to achieve Configuration Control Board acceptance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom