Licensing Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Falls Church, VA 22042, US
Job Description What’s it like to work at BAE Systems? Remarkable. The Licensing Analyst effectively applies technical knowledge of applicable international trade laws, regulations and company policy to assist in the development of compliance risk mitigating strategies in support of company programs and international business opportunities. Other responsibilities:
- The analyst reviews and verifies compliance with BAE Systems export/import license submittals to the U.S. Government (USG).
- Assists in the preparation of licenses and agreements for submittal to USG in support of international trade.
- Provides regulatory advice and guidance to BAE Systems personnel involved in Export/Import Compliance.
- Acts as a corporate liaison with USG regulators and technical reviewers.
- Provides recommendations and guidance to company personnel involved in international trade activities.
Required Skills and Education
- Required education: Bachelor's Degree
- Capable in abilities to review, edit and draft submissions of licenses/agreements to be submitted to the USG ensuring compliance with all federal export and import regulations governing trade in military, dual-use and commercial products and systems.
- Proven ability to facilitate resolution of questions and concerns of USG regulators and technical reviewers to improve chances of a favorable outcome.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring USG review process and progress of each submitted request.
- Ability to monitor international trade laws and regulatory changes having implications on the company's products; services; technical information; and software and acts as a subject matter resource to all business sectors.
- Must be personable and exhibit sound written and oral communications skills supporting functional and cross-functional collaboration with internal team members and clients. Candidate will also assist in drafting and creating updates to Inc. level International Trade training, policies, manuals, guidelines, and instructions.
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge and understanding of applicable U.S. federal laws and regulations governing the exporting and importing of controlled products, technology, services and software. This includes, but not limited to a practical and working knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Must demonstrate flexibility and consensus building techniques to be successful at exchanging information with industry and internal professionals across all levels.
- Must be able to provide cost-saving strategies through analysis, research, guidance, and assistance to Senior Director International Trade Licensing, Sector Export Directors, Empowered Officials, Export Control Officers, and other functional area managers throughout the company on a host of current and proposed international trade compliance matters that adds value at a return that increases operational efficiency.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of related experience preferred.
- Must be willing to travel. Less than 25 percent of candidate's time will require business travel.
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance at the Secret level.
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom