Leadership Development, OD Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Falls Church, VA 22042, US
You would support our Platforms and Services business with headquarters in Falls Church, VA and oversee actions to diagnose, design and deliver large solutions that include, but are not limited to, leadership and learning programs and tools, strategic facilitation (strategy sessions)/teambuilding ,etc.), organization design, behavioral assessments (e.g., DISC, True Colors, MBTI), survey design and administration and organizational change support.
- Diagnose to address gaps at the organizational, team and individual level. Use data to analyze, construct concise presentations, and influence senior leaders to champion and partner on improvement initiatives.
- Create business-focused learning and performance development solutions in collaboration with clients that address management and leadership development needs. Develop BAE Systems specific programs and, at times, customized, off-the-shelf vendor offerings to meet BAE needs.
- Deliver cost-effective, strategic performance and learning solutions that yield tangible business results and reduce costs or increase value for BAE Systems, Inc.
- Manage vendors, benchmark key trends and best practices.
- Establish and maintain high value strategic relationships with senior leaders who can champion learning and team development solutions.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, HR, Organizational Development or Learning and Development
- Certifications in a variety of assessment and learning design
- At least ten years of experience developing talent at the frontline, mid-management and senior levels
- Strong verbal communicator with superior written communication skills
- Proven experience building successful partnerships with senior executives and key stakeholders in large, diverse, federated organizations
- Experience using varied learning methods & delivery models (virtual, in person, etc.)
- Ability to collaborate and partner successfully with functional key stakeholders (Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Diversity & Inclusion)
- Experience working with diverse client populations (white collar; blue collar; union; various shifts; etc.)
- Key insight into leading edge practices in employee and organization development with proven experience trying new approaches to raise capability in organizational settings
- Willingness to learn, ask questions, be agile and influence.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, provide follow-up and strong organizational skills
- Proven experience building demand for services based on relationship building, internal selling, etc.
- Core understanding of learning technologies and how they may be leveraged to further the development agenda
- Once travel resumes: estimated travel up to 50-75%
Preferred Skills and Education
- Strong client management and relationship building skills
- Assessment/diagnosis of individual leadership skills and team functioning, using a variety of methods
- Expert training design and outstanding platform delivery, especially for leadership development
- Expert meeting design and facilitation
- Change management expertise
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to positively influence leaders and others
- Certifications in assessment instruments a plus (DISC, True Colors, Hogan, etc.)
- Interpersonal skills - Communicates sensitive information, modifies beliefs or opinions within a specific business area.
- Influence skills - Negotiates internally with line leaders within business areas and externally with vendors, suppliers, partners, and other organizations.
Preferred Skills and Education Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experienceAbout BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom