Junior Systems Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Springfield, VA 22150, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
As a Systems Analyst in an enterprise test organization, you will be part of a thriving dynamic team of Systems Administrators, Configurations Managers, and IT professionals. The test center support team maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, coordinates with network engineers, monitors and manages system resources, and performs systems security administration functions. To include, but not limited to, setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, installing system-wide software, allocating mass storage space, and managing facilities and resources. You may interact with users and evaluate vendor products, make recommendations for hardware and software purchases, document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), coordinate installation and provides backup recovery, develop and monitor policies and procedures, and may be assigned to support senior team members with more complex tasks.
Responsibilities will vary, but could include:
- Maintain Active Directory Services Infrastructure.
- Administer DNS, DHCP, and other Windows technologies
- Configure/troubleshoot group policies
- Maintain/tune virtualization infrastructure (VMWare)
- Maintain Windows Update Services (WSUS)
- Maintain Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scanning infrastructure and conduct scans when needed
- Build/maintain/tune System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) infrastructure
- Build/maintain/tune Microsoft Exchange Server services and Active Directory Services infrastructure
- Build workstations/servers to specification based on requirements
- Build documentation for SOPs and configuration Management
- Information systems IAVM/STIG compliance
- Install and configure COTS and GOTS software
The ideal candidate is thinks critically and takes initiative when learning new things. They will have a proven commitment to quality with a solid understanding of process management and compliance. They should have familiarity with software operations and sustainment activities annd a willingness to learn. The candidate must be self-motivated and be able to work on multiple projects with other team members, and with some guidance. The candidate must have strong troubleshooting skills and the persistence to resolve issues.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Professional Experience: 0-3 years with a BS/BA or 2-4 Years with HS (including at least 1 year in a recent IT services role or Security+ Certification)
- Hands on experience with IT Services, Project Management, Configuration Management, Business Systems Analysis, Service Desk Support, Cybersecurity, Policy and Process Management, Staff Office Support, or Software Development
- Must be motivated
- Expected to work with some guidance
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills to document processes and procedures
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preference given to candidates with:
- Bachelor of Science in a related field
- Experience with building SOPs
- Experience with Change and Configuration Management
- Experience with Cybersecurity Policy
- Experience with Systems and Network Administration
- Experience with Software Development
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience with VMWare
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange
- Experience with Windows Update Services (WSUS)
- Experience with Host-based Security Services (HBSS)
- Experience with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Experience with Cloud technology (AWS)
- Experience with Linux (Red Hat)
- Netapp and storage technologies (NAS)
- LAN/WAN, switching technologies
- PowerShell Scripting and automation
Full-Time Salary Range: $75570 - $128480
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom