Junior Applications Developer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Reston, VA 20191, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Join BAE's Intelligence and Security Division and be part of the team of men and women who solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. The Intelligence and Security division is searching for creative software developers to join one of our cornerstone business solutions teams supporting a classified customer, with an opportunity to contribute to innovative projects that make an impact! We are looking for developers with a genuine passion to learn, create quality solutions, and solve tough challenges.
You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. In this role, you will deliver functional requirements and technical solutions by coordinating with product owners, product teams, and IT cross functional groups. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing (automation), deploying, and self-documenting working software. The successful candidate will bring strong critical thinking skills and impeccable judgement to prioritize multiple efforts and make a long-lasting impact for our customer.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on everything from backend, user-interface, and content management to messaging and web services. You'll design, code, test and run the systems.
- Solve complex and challenging business problems with cutting edge technologies.
- Innovate. We constantly challenge our beliefs, assumptions, process and products with a prescient eye to the industry.
- “You build it, you own it” - Provide support to identify, resolve and communicate impacts to the business.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with build tools including Maven and Gradle
- Experience with CSS (2 or 3) and HTML (5)
- Experience with web containers like Apache Tomcat
- Practical understanding of object-oriented, multi-threaded, and asynchronous programming
- Working knowledge of GitHub using pull requests, feature branching and code versioning
- Familiarity with Jenkins for build/test/delivery automation
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Debugging and problem solving skills
- Must be curious and maintain a desire to learn!
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies (i.e. Scrum, Kanban)
- Familiarity with frameworks including Angular2, Struts, Grails
Familiarity with Groovy
- Working knowledge with scripting languages (Bash, Powershell, Python)
- Working knowledge of Test Driven Development including unit test creation
- Working knowledge of service oriented architecture (SOA), RESTful web services, API development, and Messaging (JMS, SQS)
- Experience with Jetty and OpenSSL
- Familiarity with AWS platform
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom