Jr. Configuration Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Colorado Springs, CO 80920-1058, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description Job Description:
What’s it like realizing your potential at an innovative company that takes on some of the world’s most important challenges? Rewarding. As a member of our Defense Intelligence Technology team, you will join a diverse group of driven professionals who design the products and systems that support enhanced military capabilities, protect national security, and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. With us, you will be able to make an impact while you hone your skills and grow in your career.
We are looking for a Configurations Manager to add their skills to our team supporting infrastructure services and enterprise engineering efforts for DIA IT Infrastructure Services and networks. This is an exciting and dynamic job opportunity where you will support a dynamic operational customer, and help advance the United States military's analytic and operational capabilities.
The ideal candidate for this position would understand basic concepts of configuration management. They will assist in maintaining and developing the environment for hardware and software development, security, and operations (DevSecOps) lifecycle. They will also assist in defining and implementing processes and SOPs for the management of hardware and software; such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrating those scripts with the hardware and software build process. Implement version control processes, policies and procedures. Utilize configuration management tools to store, track, and manage configuration items.
In this job, you will:
· Work on teams to create and maintain software, hardware, and documentation configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.)
· Regulate the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software, licenses, media, and other IT assets
· Track all problems and changes in product documents/software and report changes, controls standard operating procedures and current configurations
· Provide configuration management support to assigned projects
· Be responsible for configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems
· Identify configuration items implements change control configuration status accounting, and configuration audits
· Develop or modify CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system
· Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life
· Ensure that all changes to the baselines go through appropriate change boards
· Use or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures
A well qualified candidate for this position may also be responsible for maintaining the CM environment, applying defined CM concepts and procedures, developing applicable version control processes, ensuring that processes are followed on hardware and software development projects, and serving as an advisor to (or non-voting member of) Government change control boards (CCB).
Salary Range: $64,100 to $84,900
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we believe in supporting our employees in all aspects of their life including health, financial, and well-being. Employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance, health savings accounts, 401(k), disability coverage, life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program and other perks that offer discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance, as well as a legal plan. Our leave programs include paid time off, holidays, as well as other types of leave including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.Required Education, Experience, & Skills Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma + 6 years
• Associate's Degree + 4 years
• Bachelor's Degree + 2 years
• Master's Degree or PhD
Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II requirements including one of the following: Security+ CE, CND, SSCP, GSEC, GICSP, CySA+, or CCNA Security.
• Organized with good written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiar with data organization techniques and the use of spreadsheets
• Follow established conventions and standards including creation and maintenance of referenced documentation.
• Flexible and able to support multiple projects.
• Understands and applies more advanced concepts and processes to daily activities.
• Assists more senior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities.
• Works individually and also actively participates on integrated teams.
• Requires minimal guidance and direction from more senior level technicians, specialists, and managers.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Bachelor’s or Master's degree in computer science, information systems, telecommunications, or an engineering focused field
• Familiar with Event Tracking tools such as ServiceNow.
• Manages multiple competing priorities.
• Develops new concepts and processes.
• Analyzes root causes and resolves issues.
• Supports more junior level technicians and specialists in their activities.
• Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians or specialists.
• Can lead a task, project or team.
• Only needs guidance and direction from more senior level technicians, specialists, and managers when dealing with new, uncertain situations.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom