IT Program Manager (Expert) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Herndon, VA 20170, US
Project & Program Management
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems. Intelligence & Security provides services and products to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community, federal law enforcement officials, and troops deployed around the world.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
We are looking for experienced IT Program Manager to join our technology-based program supporting a key government customer. This program will deliver engineering services for network infrastructure as well as sophisticated enterprise computing infrastructure including end-point devices, data center hosted servers, multi-Cloud services as well as virtualized applications, and storage systems. Enterprise Computing Engineering services include modern application technology including containerized solutions with orchestrated workflow that function both on customer premise, and via remote Cloud services. Network infrastructure engineering services are comprised of core infrastructure, voice and video engineering, field engineering, application management and development for networks, network analytics, firewalls, network access controls and bandwidth service delivery. This is a fast paced, challenging, and rewarding experience in which you are able to provide solutions on one of the most complex and high profile programs within this community.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills We are looking for a IT Program Manager to manage IT projects requiring complex engineering solutions. Candidates must have a minimum of 11 years' experience. Bachelor's Master’s Degree are preferred in one or more of the disciplines described below where specific skills may include the following…
- Autonomous approach that provides guidance and leadership to the sponsor and their management stakeholders
- Creating and managing a shared pool of internal and subcontract resources
- Experience developing, maintaining, and implementing Program Management Plans supporting a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and guiding the performance of functional activities performed on the Program
- Use PMF and Agile methodologies to manage projects leveraging Confluence, JIRA, ServiceNow, and other enterprise tools product
- Experience creating, managing/coordinating project schedules with engineers, systems analysts, programmers, technicians, scientist, and senior leadership in the design, testing, and evaluation of systems.
- Experience creating and executing management plans
- Experience providing communication leading to the understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives across all enterprise stakeholders to include maintaining correspondence suspense files
- Experience creating/preparing operating procedures, technical documents including users manuals, training materials, installation guides, and proposals
- Ability to collect, compile, evaluate, report, and publish information and statistical data
- Serve as programmatic liaison to the sponsor; maintains enterprise sponsor contacts to ensure conformity to all contractual obligations
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with tact as they collaborate with technical resources, engineering, developers, mission partners and senior officers
- Formulate outcome and performance based tasking that leverages program control systems
- Provide technical and financial reports in order to document progress for the enterprise sponsor
- Manage and ensure all project issues are resolved promptly to avoid negative impact to the budget or schedule
- Manage the program staff directly or through assigned task order leads upon task order awards
- Identify risks and document program progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks, quality and successes measures to meet contractual requirements
- Ability to test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems
- Willingness to travel between WMA facilities and CONUS
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience working with the government
- PMP, Agile, ITIL or other related Certifications
- Expertise and knowledge in the entire development system life cycle
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies
- Familiarity with PET, PCAS, AutoCAD
Full-Time Salary Range: $136620 - $232210
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom