IT Business Partner Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cedar Rapids, IA 52498-0506, US
Engineering & Technology
The Information Technology Business Area Business Partner builds and maintains strong relationships with technology and business stakeholders, acts as strategic advisor to the business area leadership, plans, budgets and works across the IT organization to ensure the delivery of IT projects and services to the business. Specific responsibilities include:
Collaborates with business to understand IT requirements and priorities
Deﬁnes, prioritizes, and sponsors program and project initiatives for the business
Participates in development of business strategic planning and leads IT strategic planning
Communicates business needs with appropriate IT solution center to gain alignment between business needs and technical capabilities
Gathers high-level business requirements and deﬁnes scope during initial discovery by conducting meetings/interviews, and facilitating large group/cross-functional sessions with partners
Maintains up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the industry and associated technologies, and, where appropriate, makes recommendations for implementation of new/upgraded systems and technologies
Monitors and manages financials for areas of responsibility
Coordinates integration and divestiture activities between the business integration lead, functional process leads, and IT project manager(s) to ensure a smooth transition
Required Skills and Education
- Extensive knowledge of IT industry standard service delivery, operations, processes, standards, tools, and capabilities with a focus on infrastructure and project management.
- Track record of developing and implementing IT system and process changes to improve business performance
- Demonstrated record of managing internal and external (vendor) stakeholders to deliver technology solutions
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills—able to communicate technology solutions to non-technical stakeholders by focusing on business outcomes and value
- Strong leadership ability
- Self-directed, detail oriented, multi-tasking
- Maintain an executive presence at all times
- Ability to work across mulitple functions / organizations and build trusted working relationships
- Ability to learn and follow processes while also identifying opportunities for process improvement
- Ability to handle conflict and difficult situations
Preferred Skills and Education
- Background and knowledge of working in closed or classified environments
- Demonstrated record of capturing and developing business requirements in order to support the development of technical solutions
- Ability to carry out data analytics in order to identify opportunities for efficiencies and innovation
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom