IT Business Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78725-2151, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description The Information Management Business Analyst in operations, builds and maintains strong relationships with technology and business stakeholders, acts as advisor to the operations business, plans, budgets and works across the IT organization to ensure the delivery of IT projects and services to the business.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Collaborates with business to understand IT requirements and priorities
• Deﬁnes, prioritizes, and sponsors program and project initiatives for the business
• Communicates business needs with appropriate IT solution center to gain alignment between business needs and technical capabilities
• Gathers high-level business requirements and deﬁnes scope during initial discovery by conducting meetings/interviews, and facilitating large group/cross-functional sessions with partners
• Maintains up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the industry and associated technologies, and, where appropriate, makes recommendations for implementation of new/upgraded systems and technologies
The successful candidate will seek to improve the overall customer experience related to information management, service delivery, and technology tools within the Electronic Systems Operations function. The Systems Analyst will be responsible for supporting the various disciplines which make up the Operations organization. S/he is expected to understand various IT technologies, business needs, assess business impact, capture, analyze and document requirements and support the communication and delivery of requirements with relevant stakeholders. The position of Systems Analyst reports to the Senior Manager of Information Management.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Track record of supporting enterprise systems in flow, project and process manufacturing environments
- Knowledge of business systems and processes used in manufacturing environments to include manufacturing execution, product data management, KAN/BAN, supply chain, etc.
- Working knowledge of implementing DFARs 252.204 compliance and other cybersecurity tools and processes in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of industry standard tools, processes to improving manufacturing cost and scheduling
- Track record of developing and implementing IT system and process changes to improve the shop floor experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing executions systems, Industry 4.0, PLM/PDM, quality, costing, project management, time and labor and other enterprise systems used in large scale manufacturing environments
- Demonstrated record of managing internal and external (vendor) stakeholders to deliver technology solutions
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills—able to communicate technology solutions to non-technical stakeholders by focusing on business outcomes and value
- Strong soft skills in communication and conflict resolutions
- Self-directed, detail oriented, organized, multi tasker - ability to keep track of a myriad of moving parts and prioritize what is important.
- Accustomed to working in a matrixed environment.
- Position will be based in Austin, Texas or Nashua, NH.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Applicable industry board, committee and association memberships
- Masters degree in Computer Science/Technology
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom