Intelligence Analyst - FMV Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
McLean, VA 22102, US
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description The FMV Opportunity:
The Full Motion Video (FMV) Analyst positions at BAE Systems provide employees with hands-on FMV training for all intelligence disciplines, advanced skills certification, and rapid job promotion into instructor, subject matter expert, and management positions. Our team takes pride in supporting the critical missions that protect the nation, our freedom, and our families--the things that really matter. We are looking for candidates who want to be trained in FMV and become a part of the future BAE Systems Intelligence & Security Program. BAE Systems is the industry leader in FMV exploitation, and we are searching for individuals ready to begin an exciting and dynamic intelligence career while supporting a critical global counterterrorism mission. Please take the time to review our program and inquire for more information about this opportunity.
- Learn FMV tradecraft through a unique three-week formal training course, followed by a robust on-the-job training program which provides candidates who may be new to motion GEOINT specialized instruction in FMV tradecraft, exploitation tools, and theater specific cultural familiarization
- Produce imagery-derived graphic products and reports and publish for distribution
- Compile intelligence materials for use in briefings to high-level government personnel
- Input data accurately, timely exploit FMV collected by sensors on ISR platforms, apply HUMINT and SIGINT information to FMV imagery analysis, and use an electronic light table to exploit NTM imagery in softcopy
- Enjoy generous paid-time-off, education benefits and access to career advancement pathways on day one as a member of our team
- Have rapid advancement potential and cross training opportunities into Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR)/ Ground Moving Target Indicator (GMTI), FMV training, and FMV Advanced Research positions
Who you are:
- Someone who can work a rotating shift schedule (typically 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am), alternating days and nights each month that will include weekends and holidays
- Excel in a fast-paced work environment, while multi-tasking
- Highly skilled and effective communicator
- Experienced with intelligence operations focusing on the TCPED (Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination) process
- Open to learning new skills and taking on a variety of tasks to enhance your analytic and technical abilities
- Likes working with government agencies and is effective at problem solving with new and innovative ideas
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 3+ years’ of intelligence experience OR a Bachelors/Masters in a customer approved degree/discipline
- Formal Intelligence school course (typically 2+ months in duration, full time, resulting in an Intelligence MOS from the military (e.g. All-Source, IMINT, SIGINT, HUMINT, etc.))
- Type 32 words per minute without looking at the keyboard at 90% accuracy
- Understand the basic intelligence cycle/process
- Candidates must possess the ability to accurately discern red, green, blue, and yellow colors on a video screen
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Basic understanding of National level imagery product standards
- Experience exploiting Full Motion Video with a basic understanding of sensor capabilities
- Experience exploiting national imagery with a basic understanding of imagery analysis
- During high-tempo operations, can relay and articulate information
- Background in counterterrorism analysis
- Can solve routine tasks of varying scope and complexity following Standard procedures
- Basic working knowledge of MS Office including MS Word, MS Excel, and Power Point
Full-Time Salary Range: $61820 - $105050
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom