Integration and Test Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description BAE Systems is looking for a an experienced, self-motivated Senior Test Engineer to work on a multi-disciplinary team in a hybrid Waterfall/Agile development environment. The qualified candidate will support the development and implementation of imagery based intelligence mission-critical software and cloud application.
The Integration and Test Engineer will work in conjunction with developers to perform assigned testing tasks for the program. Responsibilities include: development of test plans, test procedures, and test cases, execution of all tests, and reporting of all test results for all required test activities. Additional tasks may include support to site operations as required throughout the life of the program.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must have a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities
- The ability to engage constructively with peers and technical leads to communicate the technical approach, trade-offs, and technical decisions
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Understanding and application of modern software development and systems engineering practices, design principles, techniques, and technologies
- Highly motivated and able to work well in both team and solo settings
- Experience with developing systems engineering process for planning dev, integration and test
- Capable of writing detailed test procedures
- Capable of learning new systems quickly
- Able to read and follow procedures and flow diagram
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering/technical discipline, and 8+ years related experience or equivalent experience, training and/or certifications
- Full understanding of Linix operating system
- Able to write scripting in Python, Perl, or Shell is preferred
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
- Motivated self-starter with good problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability
- Ability to develop improved methods to increase program efficiency
- Demonstrated leadership skills (supervisory experience, building teams, mentoring, building customer relationships)
- Ability to negotiate effectively with higher level managers, functional managers, customers, industry partners, and teammates
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom