Integrated Test Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Huntsville, AL 35806, US
Engineering & Technology
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from advanced airborne threat detection systems, precision guided projectiles, cutting edge laser systems, and advanced night vision. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
BAE Systems’ Precision Strike & Sensing Solutions (PS) is looking for innovative and passionate Senior Test Engineers to join the leading edge team in our new Huntsville Business Center. Your mission will be to imagine, develop, deliver, and support customer-focused, affordable test solutions integrated across all levels of product test. If you are energetic, forward thinking, want to make a difference in the workplace and work on exciting projects, this is the role for you.
As one of the first members of our integrated test engineering function in the Huntsville area, you will be responsible for laying the groundwork for our business’s growth into our new facility. You will drive product test strategies to maximize our efficiency and effectiveness. You will lead the transition of a diverse portfolio of product manufacturing and development, and with that growth you be responsible for establishing an organic test engineering capability and department while working borderless with our teams in New Hampshire.
As a Senior Test Engineer, you will use your capabilities to assess requirements & generate product test plans. Collaborating with other functions, you will lead the design of test solutions – stands, fixtures, equipment, and software needed to provide Design Verification, In-Process (IP), Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) and Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) ranging from component to systems level analog, digital, optical and RF products. You will collaborate with our operations organization to support product production, including hands on support for any test related production issues.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We work to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment that inspires teamwork, personal excellence, and growth. We collaborate with and focus on our customers. We are committed to Achieving Operational Excellence. We want to be the go-to firm for program management, world-class engineering, manufacturing, and product quality. And, we seek to be technology disruptors - leading innovation, pushing the limits of what is possible, giving our customers an edge and our employees a chance to change the world.
Come join BAE and help us in our mission as “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.”
“Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status”
Required Skills and Education
- Experience developing test products using C-based software and various script-based languages, preferably National Instruments (NI) LabWindows/CVI and TestStand
-Demonstrated ability in designing, developing and deploying complex, multi-threaded C, C++, C# test applications
- Experience in assessing requirements, generating test plans, designing solutions needed for Thermal Shock/ESS Tests in accordance to MIL-STD-810 & MIL-STD-883
- Background in Manufacturing Testing
- Experience with working with Operations
- Good communication skills including interpersonal communication and team communication
- Experience with Thermal Chambers, Mechanical Vibration Testing
- Experience with Test Procedure creation/writing
- Ability to troubleshoot Mechanical and Electrical Problems
- Experience with various test equipment such as: Power Supplies, Digital I/O, Oscilloscopes, Switch Matrices, DMMs, Counter/Timers, Thermal Controllers, from various manufacturers including Keysight, National Instruments, Ametek, Teradyne, Tektronix, Thermotron, Tenney, VT
Preferred Skills and Education
- Engineering Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of experience
- Experience with NI TestStand/CVI LabView
- Knowledge of Reliability Testing
- Familiarity with optical test measurements
- Cost account management experience
- Lead the development of new test capabilities and the refinement of existing test capabilities in support of product verification testing and/or automated production testing
- Perform as the lead of a high performance team with the responsibility for the planning and execution related to developing test capability that supports design verification testing and/or automated production test environments
- Skilled in HW and SW integration and troubleshooting, and the use of continuous integration tools
- Capable of working in a team or independently with minimal supervision. Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities
- Demonstrated the ability to work on a variety of technical problems, individually and as a member of a team
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom