Inspector II - 4th shift - Friday, Saturday, Sunday Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78725-2151, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Please note this position supports our fourth Shift you will earn a Pay Premium when working the fourth Shift, work 36 hours, get paid 40.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
BAE Systems is looking for a Quality Inspector to join the 4th Shift Inspection team at the Austin, Texas facility. The Quality Inspector:
- Performs following tasks to inspect electronic systems, assemblies, subassemblies, circuit cards, components and parts for conformance to specifications, following blueprints, drawings, Method sheets, schematics, and other assembly manuals.
- Examines layout and installation of wiring, cables, subassemblies, hardware, and components to detect assembly errors.
- Will perform conformal coating inspections with black light scopes.
- Work from specifications, drawings, process instructions, engineering change orders, written and verbal instruction to inspect components subassemblies and assemblies against required quality standards such as IPC Standards and J-Standard (i.e., proper component orientation, masking, soldering, conformal coating, etc.).
- Identify and document defects and input data into the appropriate systems for future review. Inspect subassemblies and assemblies after rework, modifications or repairs to verify defects have been corrected.
- Verifies configuration of product to ensure conformity to the most recent revision.
- Maintains required records.
- Conducts process audits in all phases of manufacturing and inspection (i.e., calibration, materials, process sheets, etc.) to confirm processes are being accurately followed.
- Interfaces with engineering regarding technical issues (i.e., clarification of engineering change orders) and problem resolution.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Typically a High School Diploma and 1 year work experience or equivalent experience
- Ability to read, understand, and follow process instructions, design drawings, and other related documentation used for the inspection of components, assemblies and subassemblies.
- Ability to utilize various tools such as calipers, microscopes, gauges, etc.
- Proven track record of employing customer-first strategy in achieving objectives
- Demonstrated composure under fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and amongst dynamic, cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with the quality inspection of complex circuit card assemblies for at least 1-2 years
- Technical school graduate in electronics manufacturing
- J-Standard, and IPC-A-610 certified
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom