Information System Security Manager (ISSM) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sterling, VA 20166-9411, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
The Information System Security Manager (ISSM) is responsible for applying Information System (IS) security principles, practices, and procedures under the Risk Management Framework (RMF) to maintain compliance with applicable security regulations, such as NIST, CNSSI, and NISPOM, governing the development and management of classified information systems. This position will be responsible for managing the program’s overarching security effort and representing the program to the sponsor’s security organization. This positions requires the ISSM to be a strong advocate for integrating security into front-end requirements and overseeing the implementation and sustainment of security controls in all stages of the program lifecycle.
The ISSM will be a program staff member providing direct support to a U.S. Government sponsor. This position is contingent on program award.
*Occasional local and domestic travel may be required for work or training purposes – less than 10%.
Working directly or through collaboration with peers, the ISSM shall:
- Create and maintain information security related documentation
- Implement, maintain, and monitor security controls
- Advise developers on integrating security requirements
- Achieve and maintain Authorization to Operate classified information systems
- Coordinate with sponsor and corporate security organization
- Oversee Continuous Monitoring program
- Maintain operational security posture for information systems
- Provide security related training and guidance to program management and staff
- Maintain eligibility for personal security clearance
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Candidates must have:
- Current Top Secret clearance
- IAM Level III certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01M, such as CISSP.
- Understanding of NIST 800 series, CNSSI 1253, NISPOM Chapter 8, and related publications
- Ability to perform risk assessment and risk management for classified information systems
- Familiarity with the RMF process and experience in drafting RMF documentation
- Experience in implementing and monitoring technical, administrative, and operational security controls
- Ability to maintain organized and complete records
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and complete tasks on schedule
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills In addition to the required skills for this position, a qualified candidate for this position will demonstrate a combination of training and hands-on experience in many of the operational and technical skills listed below:
- Collaborating in a team environment
- Good writing
- Familiarity with the Xacta or DCSA eMass systems
- Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs)
- Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker (SCC)
- Cloud Security concepts
- MS Windows Server – Group Policy Objects
- MS Windows Server - Active Directory
- MS Windows Server – System Administration
- Reviewing MS Windows security event logs
- Use of scanning tools and interpreting results
- Security incident management
- Working with hardware and software vendors
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom