Information Services Deputy Chief Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Roy, UT 84067-3131, US
Engineering & Technology
BAE Systems is seeking a Deputy Chief for the Information Services organization in the Air and Space Force Solutions (ASFS) Strategic Systems business. The selected applicant will focus on program execution of the IS organization as we seek to deliver world-class information technology capabilities for our Air Force partner and its associated contractors.
- Model and demonstrate strong leadership in ethics, safety and security.
- Clearly communicate job expectations by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and counseling employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintain safe and healthy working environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards; adhering to legal regulations.
- Ensure achievement of financial, schedule, technical, and new business performance objectives.
- Participate in the support of new business and in the development of financial plans for the company.
- Attend conferences and meetings to represent assigned activity.
- Conduct research in areas which require a high level of expertise and knowledge in areas of specialization and some related fields. Maintaining knowledge in area of specialization and awareness of developments in the remaining related fields, including extensive contributions to proposal efforts when requested by management.
- Apply Systems Engineering Principles in the development of strategic plans meeting customer requirements.
- Assist customers in the development of current and future IT system requirements. Evaluate plans and criteria for technical activities and recommending alternatives as required to comply with customer and company obligations.
- Direct project activities or segments of major projects responsible for achievement of schedule, cost, and technical performance objectives. Prepare project execution plan and identify technical and business resources needed.
- Review status of projects and budgets, manage schedules and prepare status reports. Assess issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client satisfaction goals and objectives. Provide program management, technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. An active Top Secret clearance is preferred but not required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
BA/BS degree with 14+ years of related IT or Program Management experience, or
MS degree with 12+ years of related IT or Program Management experience
The successful applicant will display the following characteristics:
- Able to work independently, lead others, and demonstrate strong initiative, complex problem solving, and an ability to organize assigned daily tasks and the tasks of subordinates with no supervision
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external vendors, various levels of management and internal clients with assorted levels of computer experience
- Committed to results and success in accomplishing goals
- A fast learner with an ability to quickly understand different technologies
- Experience in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with troubleshooting, identifying and solving issues
- The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. An active Top Secret clearance is preferred but not required.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Prior management experience leading large groups of IT professionals and demonstrated talent management/development
- Previous success in developing standards, process improvement, and managing processes
- Ability to review, analyze, document, and explain technical systems and data
- Experience with matrix organizations
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or similar
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or similar
- Lean Six Sigma Certification or similar
- DoD Program Management experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom