Information Assurance (IA) System Security Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hill AFB, UT 84056, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is building a team of Security Experts to provide information technology and information assurance services, along with multi-disciplinary security and specialized analytical protection support. The Information Assurance Engineer is primarily responsible for conducting information system security engineering activities. The position will collect and process the captured information security requirements and ensures that the requirements are effectively integrated into information systems through purposeful security architecting, design, development, and configuration. The position is an integral part of the development team designing and developing organizational information systems or upgrading legacy systems. This position’s main function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies and Military Compartments efforts.
The Information System Security Engineer will also be responsible for the following duties:
- Perform oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of information system security program policy; special emphasis placed upon integration of existing SAP network infrastructures
- Perform analysis of network security, based upon the Risk Management Framework (RMF) with emphasize on Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG) authorization process
- Provides expert level consultation and technical services on all aspects of Information Security
- Serves as technical expert to the Cybersecurity Assessment Program providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives to complex problems.
- Contributes to the development of new principles, concepts, and methodologies.
- Recommends cybersecurity software tools and assists in the development of software tool requirements and selection criteria to include the development of product specific STIGs from applicable DISA SRGs.
- Perform security assessments of servers/network devices/security appliances
- Write and execute cybersecurity test procedures for validation of control compliance
- Monitor/analyze output of cybersecurity related tools for reportable security incidents and residual risk
- Analyze technical risk of emerging cybersecurity tools and processes
- Build operational Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
- Other duties as assigned
Positions are available at multiple CONUS locations
#securethisRequired Education, Experience, & Skills
- 12-15 years' related experience
- Has a Strong background in Patch/Configuration management, DevOps, and tier 3 support
- Prior performance in roles such as ISSO, ISSM, SCA or SAP IT Technical Director
- Must have expert knowledge of DoD, National and applicable service and agency security policy, manuals and standards. Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Architect and Engineer Level I or Information Assurance Architect and Engineer Level II within 6 months of the date of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent 4 years of experience.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program accesses
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Familiarity with Air Force programs and environment
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Understanding of SAFe/Agile methodologies
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom