Import/Export Analyst Principal (Hybrid Multiple CMS locations) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Phoenix, AZ 85044-5313, US
This position supports the BAE Systems Land & Armaments L.P. Combat Missions Systems (CMS) Import/Export department in preparing export license applications and agreements, monitors the export and import of technical data, hardware, and services, and all other related activities to achieve business objectives while maintaining strict compliance with applicable U.S. government laws and regulations. The selected candidate can work near any major Combat Mission Systems site to include San Jose, CA; Phoenix, AZ; York, PA; Sterling Heights, MI; Minneapolis, MN; Louisville, KY and Falls Church, VA
CMS operates in a highly regulated space as we focus on the development, production and integration of systems to provide advanced solutions across ground, amphibious and maritime platforms to meet our customers' mission requirements. The business area's numerous sites across the United States employ advanced manufacturing technologies and a highly skilled workforce. Product lines include Amphibious Vehicles, Ground Vehicles and Weapon Systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepares, submits, and manages import/export authorizations (i.e. Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA), Manufacturing License Agreements (MLA), ATF permits, Department of State/Commerce Licenses, etc.) required to achieve business objectives utilizing the OCR/EASE Export Management System. This will include collaborating with internal customers (i.e. program personnel, business development, engineering) to gather detailed information to support the authorization. Meeting program objectives and schedules by processing applications in a timely manner and managing the authorization for it's lifespan is critical.
2. If approved by BAE Systems, will function as a designated “Empowered Official” per the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), to provide required certifications to the U.S. State Department Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC).
3. Understands and applies U.S. Export Regulations (International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), BATFE regulations), and company export policies. Assists company personnel on export-related questions. Maintains and increases knowledge by attending relevant seminars and training, and through self-study.
4. Supports internal customers across all functions with the review/approval of international travel requests, international visit requests, international purchase orders, document reviews, and international shipments.
5. Provides export training to new employees, current employees and special programs.
6. Reports potential export/import violations to the Export Manager or Director of Export Operations. Supports the investigation of potential violations and assists in the preparation of voluntary disclosures to the U.S. Government.
7. Supports, prepares for, and participates in company, external and government audits.
8. Coordinates with internal customers on pending imports and notifies the Import Team to ensure timely and compliant import transactions.
9. Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and company policies.
10. Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
11. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Experience & Skills:
Experience interpreting and applying the ITAR, EAR, BATFE and other laws and regulations governing international trade. Proficient computer skills including all Microsoft office applications. Strong planning, time management, and organizational skills with demonstrated experience managing multiple deadlines supporting regulatory requirements and business objectives. Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work as part of a team. Ability to work independently and to operate effectively without direct supervision. Takes accountability for decisions. Attention to detail is a must.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Education:
Export/Import Compliance, Business Administration, International Studies, Empowered Official in current position
Preferred Experience & Skills:
Experience with OCR/EASE Export Management System is highly desired.About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom