IFS Business/System Analyst (REMOTE) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Carlton, MN 55720, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description This is a 100% remote position
BAE Systems’ Enterprise Shared Services (ESS) Information Technology (IT), Application Solutions service area has a need for a Business/System Analyst who will directly support BAE Systems’ Ship Repair business unit usage of IFS. The System Analyst will work within BAE Systems Application Solutions organization supporting the IFS V10 application. The IFS application supports multiple functional areas (e.g. Finance, Procurement, Contracts, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality, Document Management and Business Development).
This position, under minimal supervision, will be responsible for:
- maintaining the system configuration
- deploying new or enhanced development of the application using custom objects
- ad hoc SQL or operational report development using IFS report design
- Lobby setup, approval work flows,custom events, security permissions and profiles, external file assistant data migration
- interfaces for new applications to other application data system.
Additional responsibilities will include user support, system monitoring, troubleshooting, resolution identification, remediation, and testing, compliance and adherence to security, implementation, incident, change, and configuration processes, and producing / maintaining documentation. This position will have interaction with customers and technologists at all levels including management.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelors of science degree in computer science (or similar field)
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Minimum of two (2) years developing IFS – V9 solutions, v10 Aurena experience is a plus.
- Applied knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) - Experience in release, documentation, and build management following a structured configuration methodology.
- Work experience and knowledge SQL coding for reporting, and IFS report designer and Report developer.
- Ability to interact with end users.
- Contribute to a strong team environment by upholding high work standards and contributing to ongoing initiatives to reduce costs and maintain/improve service levels.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Ship Yard or industry technical operations support experience and knowledge with an understanding of the terminology, business functions, processes, and supporting technologies a plus.
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom