ICBM Weapon Systems Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hill AFB, UT 84056, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is looking for well-qualified professionals to join our team for an exciting opportunity to support the development, readiness and sustainment of the USAF Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon systems. The ICBM System Program Office must ensure a safe, secure and reliable ICBM weapon system as required by the war fighter, Air Force Global Strike Command (AFGSC), through 2070. This activity will assist the government in development, acquisition and technical sustainment engineering and also help train and develop this capability within the government. AFGSC is responsible for evaluating the Intercontinental Ballistic Missile force’s ability to accomplish its Air Force mission. AFGSC establishes accuracy and reliability planning factors under operational conditions, detects changes in weapon system accuracy and reliability, identifies areas for weapon system modification or improvement, and verifies operational effectiveness and suitability. This position will support AFGSC with ICBM operational test launch preflight planning, and accuracy error prediction as well as, launch support and post launch analysis.
This position will be located at Hill AFB, UT.
DoD Secret Security Clearance required
US Citizenship required
- Provide engineering support to investigate missile flight test anomalies and provide analysis in determining causes/malfunctions and develop corrective action solutions.
- Perform Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) accuracy analysis using GPS and telemetry data to estimate guidance and control contribution to miss other than re-entry and weapon system CEP
- Prepare and publish flight accuracy briefing materials.
- Attend operational test launch meetings.
- Develop, maintain, and modify regression software to determine vehicle performance and accuracy.
- Develop weapon system engineering estimates of accuracy using physics based mathematical models.
- Reconcile engineering estimates with flight test data and adjust engineering accuracy model if required.
- Develop weapon system operational and regression accuracy models and provided planning factor data to AFGSC.
- Compute and analyze accuracy data for bias, covariance and circular error probability at RV burst and impact.
- Use various mathematical tools to determine booster and Reentry Vehicle best estimate of trajectory.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering field from an ABET accredited program or Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or Software
- 0-3+ years related experience (0-2+ with a Master's degree)
- Applicant must possess and maintain a secret clearance or higher. The criteria for a secret clearance is set by the US Government. You must be a US Citizen.
- Position level will be based on candidate experience and qualifications
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Best Estimate of Trajectory estimation using Kalman filter or least squares approaches
- C, C++, Python, Matlab, Fortran, Ada programming languages
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom