HVAC IV Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Manassas, VA 20110-4122, US
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect US®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Who are we looking for? We are looking for skilled tradespeople to join our team who are enthusiastic about maintaining the built environment and its core building systems. The selected individuals will be reporting into the supervisor of Facilities where they be working alongside skilled tradespersons tasked with the maintenance and repair of building systems spanning across various space types (Engineering and environmental labs, manufacturing floors, office space, electrical and mechanical rooms, etc.). The individuals will be integrated with a growing team of Plant Engineering professionals tasked with maintaining facilities along the Eastern seaboard from Endicott, NY down to Largo, FL over to Huntsville AL. Each posting will differ in location, position, responsibilities, and description. However, our teams all work in a similar fashion and move in lockstep to achieve our objectives.
What do we do? Get ready to elevate your game. Facilities Management is an exciting, fast-paced profession that embodies a vast array of skillsets held by professionals with backgrounds in varies industries and career fields. Challenging, yet highly rewarding, our thumbprint can be found on all aspects of the organization we support by bringing together people, place, process, and technology.
Who are we? We are a team of approximately 340 highly motivated professionals dedicated to supporting BAE Systems’ mission; “We Protect those Who Protect Us.” Spanning nearly 7.5M square feet of real estate throughout the United States, the Electronic Systems sector is highly critical in developing and delivering a wide range of advanced technologies for the commercial and military electronics market. We don’t just keep the lights on. Everything we do matters and contributes to the success of our customers. The Facilities Management team is a heavily relied upon support function accommodating approximately 15,000 employees and is responsible for the following:
- Plant Engineering
- Planning, Drafting, & Real Estate
- Engineering & Project management
- Safety, Health, and Environmental
- Compliance & Controls
- Sustainability and energy management
- Facilities Services
- Business continuity and emergency response
- Transportation & Furniture
Installs, services, modifies, rebuilds, and repairs air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment in an industrial or commercial establishment in accordance with applicable building codes and safety regulations. Performs periodic inspection to locate and determine cause of equipment malfunctions: conducts maintenance program to prevent failure of such equipment as centrifugal compressors, electrical controls, evaporative condensers, pumps, fans, and heating equipment: charges air-conditioning systems with refrigerant: checks and tests for leaks: sets and adjusts controls and regulators: fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork: overhauls equipment. May service, modify, and maintain centralized HAC computer systems and make program corrections. May be required to install and maintain high-technology clean room environments. Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Maintains, adjusts, repairs, installs, tests and operates all types of air conditioners, chillers, environmental chambers, heating systems, hydraulic systems, vacuum pumps, pneumatic and DOC controls and component parts for each of the above systems.
- Works from prints, sketches, diagrams, handbooks and manufacturer's instructions to analyze, diagnose, adjust and restore malfunctioning heating, air conditioning and ventilating systems and chambers in order to ensure efficient operating conditions.
- Localizes disturbances in systems and plans I executes the replacement of worn or defective parts. Checks all areas of the plant for proper temperature, humidity, volume and velocity of air and adjusts actuating controls to balance air & water systems as required.
- Installs heating, air conditioning, ventilation and refrigeration systems. Checks, balances, calibrates, adjusts and modifies systems and equipment after installation, modification or overhaul.
- Utilizes computerized preventive maintenance schedule. Records and logs work performed such as date or problem, explanation of problem, what was replaced and/or repaired on the controls and components of each system.
- May perform some of the duties of a Power Plant Mechanic and Plumber.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is performed and completed as specified by contract, engineering drawings I specifications and applicable codes.
- Works from prints for new jobs and renovates and alters existing equipment to assure project is correct and complete for proper operation.
- May be required to participate on special teams, including but not limited to snow removal, emergency response and must be responsive to off-hour emergencies.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- High School or Trade School diploma or its equivalent.
- Universal HVAC Certification.
- EPA Universal Certification (Class IV) for the proper use of refrigerants.
- Minimum of (2) years of commercial / industrial experience in the HVAC trade is required.
- Prior use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Requires lifting loads of up to 50 lbs., bending, crouching, and working on ladders.
- Ability to successfully obtain a Secret clearance.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Three - Five years of work experience.
- Experience handling refrigerants, brazing and welding of connections.
- Ability to work independently and with other members of a team.
- Experience with preventative maintenance and repair of manufacturing and process equipment.
- Knowledge of heating and cooling of environmental chambers with cascade systems.
- Possess good electrical, mechanical, plumbing, analytical and over all troubleshooting skills.
- Active Secret clearance preferred
Full-Time Salary Range: $62810 - $100540
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom