Human Resource Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
We are looking for a creative Human Resource Manager to fill a position part time for the remainder of 2020 and transition to full time in 2021 for our San Diego, CA. location. The selected individual will have responsibility for a client group as a Business Partner as well as lead one direct report to accomplish the administration of Human Resources at the site. Duties and responsibilities include the following: Oversight and delivery of Human Resource (HR) related programs and services for the San Diego site and other small sites affiliated with the business, Proactive Employee Relations: including investigations, timely case resolution, trend analysis and intervention, policy interpretation and guidance, Employment Law and regulatory compliance, workforce onboarding and assimilation for the site, assist organizations with workforce planning, change management and fostering an environment of inclusion. The individual will be expected to act as a cultural steward in alignment with the business values and cultural principles, be a stake holder on organizational site teams and also contribute/lead functional projects.
Required Skills and Education
- Strong leadership skills with experience in managing people, teams and projects/initiatives from concept through implementation.
- A strategic, out of the box thinker that displays confidence, calm and thoughtful engagement with others.
- Experience working as the HR Representative managing Union Relations (working through personnel and contractual issues, managing grievances and negotiating contract terms and conditions).
- Demonstrates solid judgement in all things HR.
- Ability to coach and influence others.
- Ability to partner and collaborate effectively with employees and leaders at multiple levels.
- Demonstrates creative solutioning skills to address complex issues (thoughtful, creative, progressive, compliant).
- A thoughtful advocate for Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace.
- Detail oriented with an eye toward compliance.
- Ability to navigate difficult situations and effectively handle conflict.
- Responsive, strong follow through skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Ability to utilize analytics and determine root cause analysis.
- A self-starter that is passionate about HR, Organizational and People effectiveness.
- Extensive understanding and application of Federal and State employment regulations inclusive of wage and hour, FMLA and ADA.
- A minimum of 8+ years of Human Resources Generalist experience.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a people manager (i.e. managing direct reports)
Preferred Skills and Education
- Leading projects and teams effectively; concept development, project planning and implementation
- BS is an HR related field
- SPHR Preferred
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom