High Performance Computing Systems Administrator Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Salt Lake City, UT 84116, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description Looking for an Exciting Career Move? It is Waiting for You at BAE Systems!
BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
We are seeking to hire an HPC Systems Administrator whose general responsibilities will be to maintain operation of multi-user HPC computer systems, including coordination with network engineers. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards related to the use of computing resources..
AJREE Required Education, Experience, & Skills Ideal Candidates shall have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, and have ten (10) years of demonstrable experience in system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise.
- Or the individual shall have five (5) years of full time computer science work that can be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree, and have ten (10) years of demonstrable experience in system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise.
- An industry recognized professional certification may substitute as one year experience.
Experience shall include:
- Installation, configuration, and networking of UNIX and/or NT based platforms. Including creating, modifying and deleting user accounts, performing system back-ups, and maintaining system configuration files. Individual shall have a fundamental understanding of operating systems ad be familiar with either UNIX or NT commands or utilities at the user level.
- Experience shall include the installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems, and commercial software packages. Individual shall be able to develop and implement enterprise backup/recovery strategies, server configuration and consolidation, and verification of the health and status of the entire IT infrastructure.
- Individual shall be able to provide support for enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, e-mail services, security protection mechanisms, and the interoperability of UNIX and NT based systems.
Candidates shall also have experience with:
- Installation, configuration, tuning, troubleshooting and administration of:
- Multi-vendor servers running numerous COTS, opensource, and in-house applications to accommodate HPC Division IT support requirements
- Multi-vendor servers running Red Hat of SuSe with direct attached, FC SAN storage or SSDs
- Distributing computing tools such as ReS, LSF, and SLURM
- HPC farm systems, HPC MPP clustered systems, Front End servers of Special Purpose devices (SPDs)
- IBM of HP Blade servers with FC/SAS/Network back end
- Multi-vendor filesystems such as XFS, GPFS and Lustre
- Pre-Factory testing, Factory testing, System integration and Acceptance testing during the purchase process of the HPS systems
- Accepted professional certifications include:
- Valid RHCSA or higher red Hat certification
- Valid VMWare certification
TS SCI and appropriate level poly requiredAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom