Help Desk Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Bluemont, VA 20135, US
Engineering & Technology
Join BAE Systems and be part of a diverse and enthusiastic team who is supporting our customer’s critical mission. We are searching for dedicated individuals to join one of new and expanding programs.
BAE Systems is seeking Help Desk Specialists to support our customer in Bluemont, VA. This position will provide Tier 2 service desk support for the client's employees and customers. The Enterprise Services Desk (Help Desk) is focused on first contact resolution as much as possible, and operates using shifts that can vary and with staff being adjusted to meet requirements in order to provide IT support for our client's employees and customer.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming questions and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries and troubleshoot over the phone.
- Utilize the customer’s extensive knowledge base to find solutions to issues.
- Utilize remote desktop control utilities to assist end users with problems and to show users how to perform certain tasks.
- Report to work promptly based on the work schedule.
- Occasionally train new staff once the candidate is up to speed and confident in the customer environment.
- Please note when disasters are declared ESD staff may be required to work 12 hour shifts, and all overtime (hours above 8 per day) is paid at time and a half.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Must be able to obtain and hold a TS Clearance.
Must be able to provide Tier 1, IT support 24x7x365. (Most staff work 7:00 – 3:30 with breaks and lunch, and we don’t work federal holidays)
Must have real world experience in internet application help desk support at an enterprise level. Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP) are desired, but not required.
Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite, various Internet browsers to include Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox, Chrome and be able to learn new Operating Systems, Applications and over the phone hardware troubleshooting skills during normal hours using on the job training.
- Requires a High School diploma, AS or BS preferred.
- Requires 4 years relevant experience without a Degree or 2 years relevant experience with a degree.
- 3+ years of experience with proficiency supporting Microsoft Windows 10.
- 2+ years of experience providing over the phone hardware & software troubleshooting.
- 2+ years of experience with Remedy Help Desk, or similar help desk system.
- 3+ years of experience with proficiency supporting Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to type 25 words per minute or more.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and work with a diverse customer base.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Desired Skills
- Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP) is desirable.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom