Hardware Development Lead Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Nashua, NH 03064-2813, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a Hardware Development Lead to work on our Nashua, NH location.
Do you want to be part of a team creating cutting edge, disruptive technologies that enable our military systems to protect our warfighters on land, at sea, and in the air? Our mission at BAE Systems is to “protect those who protect us.” Are you a leader willing to take on that challenge?
The BAE Systems Electronic Combat Solutions Hardware Engineering organization is seeking a proven leader with Electrical Engineering, or Firmware Engineering experience to manage the development of our next generation of Electronic Systems. This is state-of-the-art work surrounded by talented and dedicated professionals that embrace the challenge.
We innovate. We deliver. Our teams make new capabilities real. We give our military and commercial customers the decisive “edge” with a full range of products, including advanced electronics, security, and information technology solutions. Our products encompass a wide range of technologies including complex digital electronics, RF and analog circuits and FPGA/firmware development.
In this role, your Responsibilities include:
- Leading multi-discipline, state-of-the- art hardware teams of 10 to 25 people through the hardware engineering design and development
- Employing your expertise, decision skills, and independent judgment in technical areas
- Leading critical design review activities for program success
- Communicating essential information and coordinating with other engineering disciplines, Procurement, Operations, and Program Management
- Developing program schedules, earned value criteria, and productivity metrics for efficient performance
- Ensuring the established Hardware Development Process is implemented successfully
- Supporting important program capture and proposal teams with hardware baselines that include development and cost/scheduling estimating
- Working with Project Technical Leads to determine program staffing needs and “right person/right job”
- Providing inputs on personnel performance
We hope you are that leader.
BAE Systems offers competitive pay, benefits, and important work-life balance initiatives including every other Friday Off, Flextime, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.
Required Skills and Education **Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status**
- Candidates must have a BSEE with at least 10 to 12 years of experience.
- Experience with leading multi-disciplined engineering teams through various phases of the hardware product lifecycle is important. Specific skills include:
- Eligible for DOD Security Clearance
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability
- Ability to lead others to closure
- Experience presenting technical information to program teams and/or peers
- Technical design experience in an Electrical or Firmware realms
Preferred Skills and Education
- Active Secret Clearance
- Earned Value Management or Cost Account Management Experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom