GXP Jr. Android Software Engineer (Hybrid) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description GXP is looking for a junior Android software engineer at our Rancho Bernardo, California office. This engineer will work as part of the engineering team to design, code, and test new software for our fast-paced geospatial projects. This engineer will work within a server-client architecture environment to build applications for the Android platform aimed at a range of Android devices including mobile phones and tablet computers.
- Work with Product Owner and Scrum Master to ensure stellar results.
- Primary Android developer for our mobile team.
- Design, Implement, and Test new features on our Android mobile app.
- Debug, Fix and Test issues, providing quick turnaround to support an enjoyable customer experience.
The Geospatial eXploitation Products (GXP®) business provides licensed software capabilities and geospatial technology R&D. GXP’s ability to draw on internal data production and technology expertise has allowed it to deliver superior products to the user community.
GXP™ software solutions
- Desktop Applications: SOCET GXP®, GXP Xplorer® Disconnected, and GXP InMotion™ Desktop.
- Server Applications: GXP Xplorer®, GXP WebView®, GXP OpsView®, GXP InMotion™ Video Server, GXP Fusion™, and TASS.
- Mobile Applications: GXP OnScene™, GXP Xplorer® Mobile, GXP Xplorer® Snap.
Enabling development of the most advanced geospatial intelligence, BAE Systems' GXP™ software solutions deliver an unrivaled capacity for discovery, exploitation, and dissemination of mission-critical geospatial data. From key military, security, and incident response operations, to a variety of commercial development and research initiatives, GXP™ software provides a comprehensive suite of solutions enabling timely and effective decision-making.
Hybrid: Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Proficiency in Java, or C++.
- Ability to use the Android Studio, including the Android SDK, and different versions of Android with ease.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Have a high standard for code quality, design, and architecture.
- Passion for creating great user experiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well within a team.
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Candidates selected for some positions will be subjected to a government security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Familiar with Azure DevOps.
- Familiar with GIT.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom